Scripting Hockey.exe

  • Hank Stalica
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13, 2001
      Anyone have any luck scripting the game?
      I wrote a batch file where I can do a LOT of things using
      "hockey.exe < filename.txt" but I can't get the automatic scheduler
      to run. I can even edit the schedule and view teams schedules, but I
      can't play them.

      Help?

      I think there's a bug in the game that causes this.

      Hank
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13, 2001
        Hank Stalica wrote:

        > Anyone have any luck scripting the game?
        > I wrote a batch file where I can do a LOT of things using
        > "hockey.exe < filename.txt" but I can't get the automatic scheduler
        > to run. I can even edit the schedule and view teams schedules, but I
        > can't play them.
        >
        > Help?
        >
        > I think there's a bug in the game that causes this.
        >
        > Hank

        There is a column in the schedule that specifies that the games
        should be on autoschedule. You'll want to put an "A" in that
        column to run each game by the autoscheduler.

        Dave
      • Ed Hebscher
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 13, 2001
          can you do anything to downplay the home ice advantage..:)

          Ed

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 13, 2001
            Not what I was thinking. I'm thinking about a batch file that unzips a
            pre-saved configurations, runs hockey.exe, runs an 80 schedule, closes
            hockey.exe, runs regrep.exe, and then redirects output from hockey.exe to
            another text file.

            I can script hockey.exe to do everything BUT that by redirecting keyboard
            input from a text file.

            Does the program call a seperate executable that runs the autoscheduler?
            I'm thinking maybe my extra ENTER is getting lost there.

            > > Anyone have any luck scripting the game?
            > > I wrote a batch file where I can do a LOT of things using
            > > "hockey.exe < filename.txt" but I can't get the automatic scheduler
            > > to run. I can even edit the schedule and view teams schedules, but I
            > > can't play them.
            > >
            > > Help?
            > >
            > > I think there's a bug in the game that causes this.
            > >
            > > Hank
            > >

            > There is a column in the schedule that specifies that the games
            > should be on autoschedule. You'll want to put an "A" in that
            > column to run each game by the autoscheduler.
            >
            > Dave

          • Steve Coulombe
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 13, 2001
              Hi Hank,

              Were you able to save the play-by-play into a text file(or elsewhere)?

              At 05:12 PM 2/13/2001 -0800, you wrote:
              >Not what I was thinking. I'm thinking about a batch file that unzips a
              >pre-saved configurations, runs hockey.exe, runs an 80 schedule, closes
              >hockey.exe, runs regrep.exe, and then redirects output from hockey.exe to
              >another text file.
              >
              >I can script hockey.exe to do everything BUT that by redirecting keyboard
              >input from a text file.
              >
              >Does the program call a seperate executable that runs the autoscheduler?
              >I'm thinking maybe my extra ENTER is getting lost there.

              Steve Coulombe
              coulombe@...