  • Derrick Underwood
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
      I have built a web page that allows the gm's of my league to view the
      current NHL stats of players. I have been using Yahoo's NHL stats
      (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhlstats/regular_season_stats.txt)- they update
      them nightly. They use a unique identifier that seems to be of their own
      creation, but is useful to differentiate between players with similar or the
      same names(like them damn Petr Svobodas...). I have created a lookup table
      my data base uses to link the apba and Yahoo data sources. If anyone is
      interested, I can forward a text file with the 2 columns that have the full
      apba names and the Yahoo identifier. You can see the info in action at
      http://www.gchl.net/clubs.asp?abbr=Gfk&Report=NHLStats or
      http://www.gchl.net/fa.asp?source=qryNHLStats&order=name>order=name.
      Anyone looking at building utilities to see current NHL stats might be able
      to make use of this data.

      The only bad side to Yahoo's data is that they only include the Id's for
      players that have played this year. That means that I have to check
      periodically to update the ID's of players that have just started playing...

      email me at derricku@... if you would like a copy of your own. I will
      be updating this table every 2 weeks or so.

      Derrick
    • Mike Haley & Christine Irvine
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2000
        Derrick,
        I am VERY interested in getting a similiar page built for the Lake Placid team.  What do I have to do?  Is there a template that you have created?  Is there any way you can add Ice Time to the stats?

        Mike Haley
        Lake Placid Olympics

        http://www.gchl.net/fa.asp?source=qryNHLStats&order=name&gtorder=name.
        Anyone looking at building utilities to see current NHL stats might be able
        to make use of this data.

        The only bad side to Yahoo's data is that they only include the Id's for
        players that have played this year.  That means that I have to check
        periodically to update the ID's of players that have just started playing...

        email me at derricku@... if you would like a copy of your own.  I will
        be updating this table every 2 weeks or so.

        Derrick

      • Ed Hebscher
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2000
          Please send it to me..Thanks,