New Disk

  • Luc Labelle
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2000
      No doubt it is rather difficult finalizing the disk when the heart of
      summer beckons. Just curious as to whether we are hour to hour or
      day to day at this point. All the members of our league are phoning
      me every hour asking for THE NEWS...

      Thanks as always for the tremendous efforts of all those involved.

      Luc Labelle
      NAHA Commissioner
    • nnhl@idirect.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2000
        It seems most leagues have become a bit more patient in waiting for
        the disk this year. That's great. It's the way it should be. We all
        want the best game possible.
        For any leagues getting impatient waiting for the disk because they
        want to do their draft, I have a suggestion. Do your draft before the
        disk comes out. This requires the teams to do some homework into the
        players they want. To find out if he's good defensively or needs a
        road map to find his own end. To find out if he's a good passer,
        shotblocker, hitter etc. You want realism, this is it. Waiting for
        the
        ratings would be like an NHL team having no scouting department and
        just running down the Central Scouting list to make their picks.
        Yes, you may find that when the ratings come out a player is not as
        good defensively or as fast as you thought. Guess what? That's
        happens
        in real life too. If scouting reports were guarantees, Alexandre
        Daigle would be one of the best players in the league right now. But
        the more research you do, the more likely you are to get the type of
        player you want.
        Reward the teams that do their homework. Don't hand everything (the
        ratings) to them on a silver platter.

        Herb Garbutt
        NNHL Commissioner
      • Luc Labelle
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 9, 2000
          I know, I know.... patience grasshopper.

          The suspense is killing me. Please forgive me but this is the most
          anticipated date of the year, Christmas is overrated by comparison.
          I need help.

          Yes, I am an APBA hockey addict... and I don't want to be cured.

          Yours truly,

          Luc Labelle
          NAHA Commissioner
        • dadadove@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 11, 2009
            Is it too soon to inquire about an ETA on the disk?  Thanks

            Chris Wolter
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 15, 2009
              Still got a couple weeks of test/tweak to go. Things aren't converging smoothly in some cases this year.