Re: injuries

  • nnhl@idirect.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 30, 2000
      Wow, 60 days!! In three years (and 1092 games), four games has been
      the max. Although, before I started a league I replayed the strike
      year and I remember Tommy Soderstrom going out for 30 days. That's it
      though.
      The idea of using the IR time frames is an interesting one. If you're
      playing with injuries off I'd say that's the way to go. It would
      prevent a GM who has a player who is going to miss 10 games from
      sitting him for games against all the weak teams and having him
      available for all the key games. For instance last year, saving Bure
      and his dozen or so games for every key matchups. That doesn't seem
      right.
      The one thing I like about having the injuries on is the randomness
      of
      it all. Part of the challenge is dealing with those freak times when
      you have three players at a position out at the same time. (That may
      also happen using the IR timelines but you would be able to prepare
      ahead of time) Having good depth, versatile players or a minor league
      team suddenly becomes very important at these times. It also forces a
      GM to make a move sometimes.

      Herb Garbutt
      NNHL

      --- In hockeydisk@egroups.com, "Jeff & Cheryl Kraus" <kraushaus@d...>