Re: [hockeydisk] Where oh where did apba hockey go

  • Jeff & Cheryl Kraus
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2000
      They insist it will be back and that they will regain their
      NHLPA license, so no, we can't freely distribute. But
      they're living in a dream world.

      What games DID you notice on the APBA site? I remember
      seeing computer baseball, the baseball board game, and a
      brief reference to computer football. No hockey, no
      basketball, no bowling, no golf, no boxing, no horse racing.
      They keep talking about reorganizing and getting back into
      these products. Unfortunately, last time I checked you have
      to have capital to expand your business, and they have none.
      But go ahead and ask them how much they want for the rights
      to any of those games that are on life support, or for the
      whole company for that matter. They won't even consider it.
      I mean, come on! Throw a dollar amount out there, no matter
      how outrageous! What will they do for capital, start
      selling the baseball card sets for $100 instead of $25?
      Sheesh.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 14, 2000
        When I first went to their site, they had 3 games - Board baseball, computer
        baseball and football. Now the only have computer baseball. That is some
        solid growth!!

        A new league contacted me about starting an apba league, and wanted to buy
        the game. Since you can't order from the web site, does anyone have any
        suggestions of how this guy can legally get the game?

        Derrick

        ------------
        Turn your EGROUP into a GROUP BUYING GROUP! Join beMANY!
        today.
        http://click.egroups.com/1/4124/2/_/17566/_/962415597/
        ------------

        ------------
        To email plain text is conventional, to add graphics is
        divine.
        We'll show you how at www.supersig.com.
        http://click.egroups.com/1/6811/2/_/17566/_/963533747/
        ------------

        Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
        1. Fill in the brief application
        http://click.egroups.com/1/6628/2/_/17566/_/963542980/
      • mark wendling
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 14, 2000
          No of course not they become a dot com company tell everyone there sales
          will a million gazillion everyone invests, then they go spend the money
          elsewhere then they go broke........

          Oh wait, thats what everyone else has done on the Nasdaq.....

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 14, 2000
            So Right...........

            Joe
          • hornet200@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 14, 2000
              I wish some one could Make a Excel file , so we could make our own cards. I
              know theres one for baseball.

              Thanks
              Dan
            • Stéphane Blanchet
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 19, 2000
                Someone, can tell me when the new hockey disk will be ready for this
                season.???

                Thanks

                stefan