Where oh where did apba hockey go

  • Derrick Underwood
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2000
      Quick question...

      I just put a quick visit in to the "new" apba web site, and saw that they no
      longer have any references to the Hockey game. Are they not selling it any
      more, and if not does that make it ok for us to distribute it to people who
      ask for it?

      Derrick

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16, 2000
        >No of course not they become a dot com company tell everyone there sales
        >will a million gazillion everyone invests, then they go spend the money
        >elsewhere then they go broke........
        >
        >Oh wait, thats what everyone else has done on the Nasdaq.....

        I know this is going OT, but it seems a pattern has developed that
        serves as a predictor of web site e-commerce (ie, "dot com") success:
        whether the company online has a solid presence in the "real" world
        (ie, a brick-and-mortar operation). A lot of the NASDAQ dot-coms that
        went under had no real-world counterpart -- all they had was the web
        site. The companies that will succeed online are those who are
        succeeding *off-line* as well...

        ... Of course, the way things look, APBA can hardly be called "successful"
        in either realm anymore...

        Glenn
        Commissioner, NWHL

        Glenn St-Germain § Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
        cos90@...
        http://www.telusplanet.net/public/glennstg
        "There is no longer any normal to be"
        -- Gary Numan