APBA Hockey's future

  • Jeff & Cheryl Kraus
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31 7:53 PM
      I wasn't very encouraged by APBA's latest mailing (no
      mention of hockey, or any other sport besides baseball and
      football) or by their re-launched web site (no mention of
      hockey, or any other sport besides baseball and football
      even in their on-line "store"). But I also got a mailing
      from APBA asking for input, etc. Perhaps some of you got
      it, too.

      Anyway, I sent them an e-mail expressing concern over their
      apparent lack of interest in the hockey products and asked
      if they'd reached the end of the line. I let them know that
      there's a group of us out here who have basically kept the
      game alive, though on life support, for the past two years
      but that people were getting discouraged or whatever. I
      even went so far as to inquire what price they would sell
      the rights for if it got that far. Got this note back from
      Skeet Carr, who has long been involved in the APBA company
      and is sort of running the products department, I guess. He
      encouraged me to pass the note along to the APBA community.

      >Jeff:
      > Thank you for the work you and the other guys have done
      >to keep APBA Hockey going. The Computer Hockey Game is
      >something we definitely want to continue. It is contingent
      >upon acquiring licenses to do so which we are currently
      pursuing.
      >I will keep your e-mail and let you know as soon as
      something