Re: [hockeydisk] ratings team...PHY/INT

  • Justin
    Message 1 of 5 , May 11, 2000
      Jagr going in the corner? Having watched the latest Pens playoff series,
      every game of it. I doubt I saw Jagr go anywhere near the boards except when
      he was all alone. He might have battled in the corner 5 times tops ;)

      Justin
    • Jeff & Cheryl Kraus
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2000

        -How much value does a guy like Bob Bougher or Brendan Witt
        have in
        an APBA league if he does not hit? Not much.
        <<

        Well, now that's an interesting question. Unfortunately, as
        I mentioned in my last note, I don't have a lot of time for
        experimentation these days. But I have some definite ideas
        as to how to answer that question. If someone has some free
        time to simulate a bunch of seasons under controlled
        conditions, please drop me a note (kraushaus@...).

        Basically we'll want to take the generic teams I created
        (all ratings identical for all players) and change one
        team's d-men to PHY 4 and the other team's d-men to PHY 2.
        If a Witt or a Boughner is worthwhile in APBA, we'll see a
        significant advantage for the team with PHY 4 d-men. Then
        we'll run the same sims with all PHY 5 vs. PHY 1 and see if
        it becomes more extreme.

        Incidentally, in case you haven't heard about it before, the
        generic teams are available on the OHTL web site.
        http://www.othl.net They're good for running simulations
        in a controlled environment.