[hockeydisk] Re: hockeydisk digest

  • Eric Ferron
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 5, 2000
      Hi guys,

      Sure been calm around here lately...

      I had a couple of questions regarding the operation of the programs (
      APHCOMM and HOCKEY) and the possibility to network multiple version of
      the hockey program.

      1- I know for a fact that the hockey data files can't be shared, which
      is most probably due to the fact that multiple programs writing
      information at the same time would be bad. But is there a way to share
      these files anyway? What I'd like to do is run two instance of the
      program to prepare one game while the other one is being played (we play
      all our games in computer coached mode). This way it would save the
      preparation time... I'm hoping this can be done, but i've got serious
      doubt!

      2- The schedule format. Can a text file be imported/exported from that?
      The file itself can be read and probably interpreted since it's got to
      be a script definition, i'm obviously more interested in the possibility
      to make my own schedule and import it in the hockey program (possibly
      with a program that would make and import the schedule, and that i'd
      share with everybody if my programming skills haven't left me... unless
      such a program already exist?)

      3- Is there any plans to incorporate a "lineup" load/save function in
      the game... This obviously would help anybody that got to run the game.
      Possibly in the ".prf" format to stay compatible with the APHCOMM
      program...

      4- What are the plans for 4 on 4 overtime and 1pts in overtime loss for
      next year so we can figure our rules?

      And before you guys start flaming me, please know I understand Dave and
      Jeff are busy on their ends. I'm just trying to start a discussion on
      what can be done, what could be done (or not), and what are planned to
      be done so we can rearrange our rules and schedules....

      Thanks
      Eric Ferron
      LNHO- DO

      P.S.: I guess most of you guys are getting close to playoffs, to all in
      the real season, good luck... To the rest, it gives you a couple more
      weeks to prepare for 2000-2001!! Now, can you figure i'm in the playoff?!
      (Wooo Hooo!!)
    • Glenn St-Germain
      Message 34 of 34 , May 30, 2000
        >So, if you put two great scorers together, *will* they both
        >get their normal share of goals? Not that this is conclusive proof, but
        >Palffy did a bulk of his scoring while Robitaille was hurt, and was
        Robitaille's
        >play maker much of the time. Those of us with Palffy on our teams were real
        >thrilled about that! :-) L.A. raters, how about a 5 PAS for Ziggy to ease
        >our pain? :-)
        >
        >Jeff

        Just an observation from an APBA League: in the RMHL, my team has
        had, as its #1 line, Lindros-LeClair-B.Hull. The three of them consistently
        finish in the top 10 scorers, and in fact have finished in the top 5 more
        than once. In fact, at the end of the last season all thre were in the top
        10, two of them in the top 5 (along with my second-line centre Lafontaine).
        So with come combinations, it works very well; your mileage may vary.

        Glenn
        Commish, NWHL

        Glenn St-Germain ยง Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
        cos90@...
        http://www.telusplanet.net/public/glennstg
        "There is no longer any normal to be"
        -- Gary Numan