[hockeydisk] Re: questions....

  • D. A. Atkinson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 1, 2000
      Pdg-FABREVILLE TRASHERS wrote:

      > Can someone please resolve the permanently bouncing thin.Many of us are
      > in that situation with no problems with our e-mails.I think the manager
      > of the group should do that..Thanks

      I'm the manager of the group, and I'd like to help, but please tell me what the
      "permanently bouncing thin" is. I'm at a loss as to what I need to fix.

      > I've read the last mails and its interesting because I just got in my
      > hands the APBA disk from my comissionner because he doesn't seem to
      > know all about how that game works (hidden ratings etc.) and I wanna
      > understand.(no book)
      > So we need all the help we can get....
      >
      > 1)When making the lines, does the F4,F5 and F6 lines really do
      > something? We don't use it.We just put anything there.

      F4 and F5 are the fourth and fifth lines. You don't need to use them, but
      they are there if you need them.
      F6 is just the line currently on the ice, and it changes many times during
      the game. No need to put anything there.

      > 2)In the bottom of the screen there's text that say: "skater *" what is
      > it for?

      You can highlight a skater with a *, designating him as the sixth attacker
      when you pull the goalie. It helps to designate 2 or 3, in case the one
      designated is already on the ice.

      > 3)I've made simulations with the same line-up for my team and the
      > others(I've taken our last files) and I always end up with really good
      > results.But in our real league nothing seems to work.Is there a pattern
      > or something that when we "reset" the stats everything changes that
      > much..it seems stupid but I can't understand how in 3 simulations(50-60
      > games each with equally home and visiting and against every team) I'm
      > on top and in our real league I'm last!!!With everything set the
      > same.....
      > First line Deadmarsh-Turgeon-Naslund in league are lousy with negatives
      > plus-minus.
      > In my simulations they're incredible! What can it be?

      In your league, are the games zipped or do the coaches play them. If the
      coaches play them, it is easy to shut down a stacked line by putting
      a good defense against them and playing good strategy.

      Dave
    • Pdg-FABREVILLE TRASHERS
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2000
        "d. a. atkinson" <bigdo-@...> wrote:
        original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hockeydisk/?start=513
        > Pdg-FABREVILLE TRASHERS wrote:
        >
        > > Can someone please resolve the permanently bouncing thin.Many of us
        are
        > > in that situation with no problems with our e-mails.I think the
        manager
        > > of the group should do that..Thanks
        >
        > I'm the manager of the group, and I'd like to help, but please tell
        me what the
        > "permanently bouncing thin" is. I'm at a loss as to what I need to
        fix.

        > >first I'd like to say it was permanently bouncing "thing" ;-)
        When you go in the members list some of us has a message beside our
        names that says "permanently bouncing".It happens if an e-mail is not
        used anymore for example.But in many cases it happens even if the
        e-mail is ok.(don't know why)So you gotta "reset" them and it will be
        working again(for the ones that are still existing).If you don't reset
        them we don't receive the messages anymore.That's a way e-groups use to
        avoid sending messages over and over again to non-existant adresses.
        To reset them you should see in the members section an option called
        "bouncing".Go there and choose "reset all bouncing members".

        Thanks.

        > In your league, are the games zipped or do the coaches play them. If
        the
        > coaches play them, it is easy to shut down a stacked line by putting
        > a good defense against them and playing good strategy.

        The games are zipped so the strategy option isn't used.
        That ain't helping me! :-)

        Stephane

      • D. A. Atkinson
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2000
          Pdg-FABREVILLE TRASHERS wrote:

          > > >first I'd like to say it was permanently bouncing "thing" ;-)
          > When you go in the members list some of us has a message beside our
          > names that says "permanently bouncing".It happens if an e-mail is not
          > used anymore for example.But in many cases it happens even if the
          > e-mail is ok.(don't know why)So you gotta "reset" them and it will be
          > working again(for the ones that are still existing).If you don't reset
          > them we don't receive the messages anymore.That's a way e-groups use to
          > avoid sending messages over and over again to non-existant adresses.
          > To reset them you should see in the members section an option called
          > "bouncing".Go there and choose "reset all bouncing members".
          >
          > Thanks.

          Ok, that one is fixed. Thanks for the tip.

          > The games are zipped so the strategy option isn't used.
          > That ain't helping me! :-)
          >
          > Stephane

          Do check the differences in minutes played of top players
          between your league stats and your simulation stats. See
          if there is a big discrepancy between game times. That's
          a good first place to start. Let me know if there are major
          differences and perhaps the issue can begin to be resolved.

          Dave
        • Pdg-FABREVILLE TRASHERS
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2000
            "d. a. atkinson" <bigdo-@...> wrote:
            original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/hockeydisk/?start=516
            > Pdg-FABREVILLE TRASHERS wrote:
            > >
            > Do check the differences in minutes played of top players
            > between your league stats and your simulation stats. See
            > if there is a big discrepancy between game times. That's
            > a good first place to start. Let me know if there are major
            > differences and perhaps the issue can begin to be resolved.
            >
            > Dave
            >
            > Seems to be a bit higher (I used the same split between my lines in
            both real and simulations.)
            Example
            > Naslund real:19 sim:20.5
            Turgeon real:18 sim:19.8
            Deadmarsh real:18.8 sim:21.5

            One other thing I saw about Igor Larionov.(maybe other players has that
            problem too)
            I've watch some games in "normal mode" and even if he's the center
            ,when he has a winger that also plays center, the winger took the
            face-off.Is that a regular thing?Like in real life???