2012-2013 APBA hockey disk

    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2013
      All:
      We have already started the process for a new APBA disk, and things are
      progressing smoothly. Our experiment with Ken Danila's Elo based voting
      system worked very very well last year, removing many issues from the
      player review process we used in the past. Thus, Ken's system will again
      be used to develop the objective ratings for the disk. Ken has updated
      the site from last year, and tested, and it is ready to go live to the
      hockeydisk audience.

      For those of you who don’t remember the process, you log in to the
      voting site (your account from last year still exists – you have the
      option to retrieve prior to logging in) and are presented with an APBA
      skill category and two players. You vote on who you think is more
      skilled. If you don’t know or are unsure, you can choose “I don’t know.”
      PLEASE USE THE ‘I DON’T KNOW’ BUTTON LIBERALLY. (Don’t guess.) Once you
      choose, you are presented with another pair, and another, and another…do
      as many as you can, as higher vote counts should lead to more accurate
      results. PLEASE USE THE ‘I DON’T KNOW’ BUTTON LIBERALLY. (Don’t
      guess.)...this is important to maintain the integrity of the ratings
      system. PLEASE USE THE ‘I DON’T KNOW’ BUTTON LIBERALLY. (Don’t guess.).
      Hopefully you got that message now.....if you don't know, it's OK, move
      on to a new pair.

      Access the voting site: http://rate.hbmhl.com/

      Once voting is closed, the disk team will compile the results using an
      Elo comparison method and translate them into APBA ratings for testing.

      We thank you in advance for your participation in making a quality APBA
      disk so that we can all continue our favorite hobby.