Season needed

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 33 , Mar 17 1:10 PM
      Greetings,

      I am putting together an international disk with circa 2002 players. I used the 2001-02 disk initially but for players who were injured that year I have grabbed them from other seasons (Peter Forsberg & Mario Lemiuex from 2002-03 etc). I put together 8 countries which include Canada, Czech Rep, Finland, Russia, Slovakia, Sweden and USA. For some teams I also had to grab players from other seasons to fill out the rosters (Ilja Bryzgalov from 2005-06 etc). In all, 26 players from other seasons are being used. In all cases, I did not select a player beyond 2002 who would have been under 18 years of age in 2002.

      Each team has 26 players which include 15 forwards, 8 defensemen and 3 goaltenders. Since there are no other countries with enough players to fill out a roster I decided to create a team made up of French speaking Canadians born in Quebec. Quebec has made grumblings about being their own country anyway so it seems to fit. Incidentally, I did not necessarily select the same players who played in the 2002 Olympics. One thing I have always hated is when star players were injured and could not compete in a tournament. Thus, I picked what I felt was the best roster. I didnt pick the 15 highest scoring forwards; I picked good defensive players also using the board game Face-off as a reference.

      While I was working I noticed I was missing a couple seasons. If any of the following seasons are available, I would be obliged if someone could post them . . . 2006-07 & 2007-08. There are 3 players I need from 2006-07 (Marcel Hossa, Mikko Koivu & Peter Budaj) though I could grab them from another season.

      When I am finished with my disk, I will share here.

      Here are the players I selected. I may replace a few other players from 2001-02 who played in under 65 games. Comments welcomed.

      Canada
      Joe Sakic
      Eric Lindros
      Michael Peca