Re: [hockeydisk] Re: discussion on player over/under usage (minutes)

    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 21, 2013
      you must be the sargent at arms for Bill....ROFLMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 4:33 PM
      Subject: Re: [hockeydisk] Re: discussion on player over/under usage (minutes)

      Translation: You did something that was explicitly against the rules, and therefore which no other owner was allowed to do.

      Correction me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the very definition of cheating?

      I am in the league in which this went down, and I, as one among many, was not fond of your attempts to break the rules and gain an unfair advantage on the rest of the league.

      I'm not a fan of getting involved in weird, public spats like this, to be honest.  But screw it.  Dave, so long as you're looking to use this venue to take unwarranted potshots at people with no provocation whatsoever, I think it's important and appropriate the audience you seek get a third-person perspective on the situation.  Here it is:

      YOU CHEATED.

      YOU GOT CAUGHT.

      GET OVER IT.

      You got pissed off at the guy who caught you and this is you stamping your feet and holding your breath in a venue in which that sort of behavior is pathetic and inappropriate.

      Grow up, dude.

      Joe DeAngelis

      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 21, 2013
        At this point, I'm going to ask all to cool the flame war.
        I leave it all with this thought:

        It is up to the commissioner and league members of a league to decide what behavior is acceptable for their league.
        If a league's members and leadership deem that behavior is "not conducive to the league's interests", they should not hesitate to toss someone from their league.  If it is a long time, valued league member with the transgression, work through it, or change the league rules (I've had to do that as a commish). If you were the one pushing the limits and were called out by the league, deal with it. Odds are very high that you were doing something borderline ethical, or at the least, not in the spirit of sportsmanship. If one must win at all costs, there are lots of other online activities where one can massage one's ego.....that's the joy of the internet.

        On 2/21/2013 1:43 PM, Dave Bole wrote:

        you must be the sargent at arms for Bill....ROFLMFAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

        I DIDN’T ADD POSITIONS....I MERELY USED A PLAYER AT LD INSTEAD
        OF RD......for vicea versa....been winning your leagues BILL....d’oh.,..of
        course you have

        I'd be careful Mr. Bole lest I explain to the group why you're not in any of my leagues any more...

        If I was you, I'd let sleeping digs lie...

        Bill Corfield

        all of your championships should feel cheesy
        davebole

        Guys, I appreciate the feedback. In this case, it's not tanking that's the issue at all, it's the opposite...exploiting a guy with low GF but who overperforms in APBA, and having him play way too many minutes. And it's not just one team, it's just sort of a standard in the league, I'm one of the biggest 'culprits'. So I just wanted to get a feel for what people's thoughts were, should stricter limits be set in place to keep minutes played more in line?

        We have injuries off, that's part of the issue (as I understand it a player is more likely to be injured if he goes over his GF). But I'm not going to start using injuries, it makes it much more time consuming for everyone and this is a league the relies on simplicity.

        --- In mailto:hockeydisk%40yahoogroups.com, "Herb Garbutt" wrote:

        > Last season, the team in second last signed a bad free agent goalie (actually two, after the first one got hurt). I tried to discourage him by giving him the history of how few times the last place team actually got the first pick. He continued anyway and his tanking worked, he dropped to last. In a case of poetic justice, the team that finished second last won the draft lottery.
        >

        > Our draft lottery, not only selects the first overall pick, but all five non-playoff team spots. And that order holds through every round.
        >

        > As far as usage, we donât have any rules about shifts. We have one team that has little depth and goes 19-16-4-1. He eventually got a long-term injury to his No.2 centre and it has really hurt his team.
        >

        > Herb

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)