Re: [hockeydisk] Action PC Hockey, best sim out now

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 17, 2013
      I would agree. APC game leaves a lot to be desired. I dislike the scrolling ice especially when it falls behind the play by play. You see your team visually on ice at the offensive end of the rink and the play by play describes a shot on your goalie at the opposite end. If the game cannot simulate real time movement which I doubt it ever can, it should not have the scrolling. This is also something wasted with APC basketball game which also does not do things in real time. It works for baseball and football because each play starts and ends. Basketball and hockey is continuous and APC does neither one well. Both games attempt to do more stuff when they would be better served to just do what is needed, well. Both games should have the players placed on the icecourt in traditional formation and then the have the rolling text describe the play. Besides, it is impossible to watch the action on the scrolling ice and read the text at the same time. Unless you can train one eye to look at each one LOL

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 17, 2013
        Ahh, now that's a part I can't really relate to. I'm pretty much just a quicksimmer, simming full seasons quickly be it for personal replays or league games. In all my years with APBA, I don't think I've ever actually coached a full game. I've tested out a period here or there just to see how the play by play works. Anyway, I can't argue against you because I don't really know anything about that part of the sim. But as far as results and stats reports as well as user-friendliness, I think APH beats out APBA.

        Don't get me wrong, I love APBA and it's the best $14.99 I've ever spent. But we all know at this point it's never going to see an update, and APH is the first game I've found that looks to be on track to replace APBA for my sims.

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 12, 2013

          The 2013 version of APH is out now and I'm finally doing it, switching my APBA leagues over. I'm starting with CLASH, which will be starting 71-72 in just a few short weeks. My original 6 league has to wait a bit since a few of the 50's seasons aren't available yet.

          I urge you guys to check it out if you haven't. There's lots of new changes, the one I'm most excited about is the addition of goalie fights and brawls that are up to 5 simultaneous fights.

          Dave has announced that a patch is already coming out this weekend to fix a couple things, so improvements are still coming fast.

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 12, 2013
            The G.O.A.L. (Greatest League of All Time) is a retro APBA league that uses all of the past players of the NHL from 1917 to the present. We are going into our 7th season and have one opening in our 22 team league. The open team is the Denver Spurs. We have just started our draft for Year 7. If you are interested or want more infiormation please e-mail me directly at daniel_jeanson@....