APBA hockey with Wndows 8

  • Boston Bruins
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
      I'm not sure if this has been discussed but are there any issues running the APBA game on Windows 8 whether is is with Dosbox or not? How about Commish, regrep, Python or any other utilities for APBA?

      Dan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
        DOSBox and Commish run fine on Windows 8

        On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Boston Bruins <daniel_jeanson@...> wrote:

        I'm not sure if this has been discussed but are there any issues running the APBA game on Windows 8 whether is is with Dosbox or not? How about Commish, regrep, Python or any other utilities for APBA?

        Dan

      • Daniel Jeanson

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 24, 2013
            I like it...it is definitely faster.  IT also has some neat little tools like the ability to automatically mount a disc image for instance.  I don't really use a lot of the Win8 apps, but I am becoming fond of the  Remote Desktop one.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 26, 2014

              Guys, I have a bug with an injured player...

              In our league injuries are turned off, but we manually injure guys that have reached their max games played.  One guy I've set to injured, 99 days, but after each sim, the injury either disappears or the number changes to something

              random...today it went from 99 to 27...any ideas?

              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 26, 2014
                This is certainly a new one.
                IF you're running off a schedule and not starting games manually, it is possible that you have some legacy "rest days" in the schedule.dat file. You might want to go into the schedule editor and take a look.
                Is it just guys with large injuries, or do all injured players drop significantly. If you send me your schedule.dat file, I will take a look for anomalies.