Disk Updated

    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 22, 2012
      V1.1 of this year's disk is posted on APBAHockey.com.

      Just a side note....we pay close attention to the download numbers to try and get a handle on the size of the community among other things...so we would really appreciate it if you did not distribute the disk in it's original form, but instead sent people to the website.  Feel free to distribute once you have set your league up with it though!

      Thanks
      Brian
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 22, 2012
        Thanks for posting the revision and pointing out the download issue. At some point, when the community shrinks to zero, it won't make sense to do the disk anymore.
        We have 36 downloads as of this morning.......I know that doesn't mean there are only 36 people who care anymore, but.....the APBA coMmunity is shrinking.
        All, thanks for your patience on disk release and your indulgence on the errors and fix. It's a pretty strong disk, according to test results.

        From: Brian Senecal <brian@...>
        Sender: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:44:02 -0500
        To: <hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [hockeydisk] Disk Updated

        V1.1 of this year's disk is posted on APBAHockey.com.

        Just a side note....we pay close attention to the download numbers to try and get a handle on the size of the community among other things...so we would really appreciate it if you did not distribute the disk in it's original form, but instead sent people to the website.  Feel free to distribute once you have set your league up with it though!

        Thanks
        Brian
      • Ghislain Henri
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 22, 2012
          Hi,

          Anyone has an answer for me.

          Just reformat my laptop with Windows 7.
          Can't remember how to get dosbox load hockey correctly (always have that message: cannot open teamv3.dat)

          Thanks for your support
          Ghislain

          To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
          From: boomhound@...
          Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 20:44:50 +0000
          Subject: Re: [hockeydisk] Disk Updated

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 22, 2012
            I think 36 downloads might more accurately reflect the number of leagues rather than "users". :)
            paul c

              From: boomhound@...
              Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 20:44:50 +0000

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 22, 2012
                Probably right Paul, but our numbers 2 years ago were over 200

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 23, 2012
                  Yes, install and everything works fine

                  THANKS A LOT!

                  To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com

                  From: boomhound@...
                  Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 20:44:50 +0000

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 30, 2012
                    Agreed Paul.  Our league has 20 members and I wasn't able to download the disk from the site itself so I had to have someone send it to me.  That's, probably, around 800 members if each league is similar to ours.

                    Joe

                    To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
                    From: lextalionis2001@...
                    Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 19:45:57 -0700

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 30, 2012
                      I know there are a handful of leagues running in that manner. There are 225 or so subscribers to the hockeydisk yahoogroup. I'm estimating about a 500 member community at this point.

                      To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
                      From: lextalionis2001@...
                      Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 19:45:57 -0700

                      From: Brian Senecal <brian@...>
                      Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 14:44:02 -0500

                    • herbgarbutt@cogeco.ca
                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 31, 2012
                        Maybe a survey of leagues

                      • herbgarbutt@cogeco.ca
                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 31, 2012
                          Maybe a survey of leagues and members is in order. For instance, our league is 13 people with none of them in any other
                          apba leagues.

                          Ask commissioners to put together a list of members and other leagues they are in and maybe we could put together a
                          database of apba users.

                          Herb

                        • aftml@tignanelli.com
                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 31, 2012
                            I'm not in a league, but I haven't downloaded the disk yet.  I haven't played the game much lately, and I've just been lazy about it.  Plus a bit of guilt for not participating in the ratings this time around.

                            But I plan to download it.

                            Alan