[hockeydisk] Re: APBA realism

  • Brett Hall
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 1999
      Dave, when are you closing up the potato farm and updating our
      favourite hockey game? <g>

      Seriously though, what is the status of it these days? Will they
      allow you to do a freely distributable update or no?

      > Actually, there is a shot on goal rating. It's one of the hidden
      > ratings. There is only one problem with it, and that is players that
      > take alot of shots and get alot of assists. There is only so many puck
      > possessions to go around, and it is difficult to get the Jagr/Kariya
      > types enough shots AND assists combined. Also, alot depends upon how
      > you play. If you aren't using stock NHL teams and are building teams
      > from scratch, the teammates and line combinations can effect SOG.
      > Remember, there is a somewhat constant pool of puck possessions....if
      > you have Kariya, Jagr, and Lindros on the same line, all will come up
      > short in SOG and assists.
      >
      > Dave

      > -- A Proud Member of the One & Only Associate Network
      > http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/1709

      > -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=hockeydisk&m=1

      Brett

      St. Louis Mustangs (GHMHL)
      St. Louis Sting (WWAHL)
      St. Louis Ice Lords (NWHL)
    • D. A. Atkinson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 23, 1999
        Brett Hall wrote:

        > Dave, when are you closing up the potato farm and updating our
        > favourite hockey game? <g>
        >
        > Seriously though, what is the status of it these days? Will they
        > allow you to do a freely distributable update or no?
        >
        > Brett
        >
        > St. Louis Mustangs (GHMHL)
        > St. Louis Sting (WWAHL)
        > St. Louis Ice Lords (NWHL)

        I haven't had the discussions on an update with APBA yet. I got the
        feeling on the last update that they were about done with the game, being
        an antiquated DOS thing and all. However, there is still a fairly strong
        following and the game could still use some tweaks, as well as the
        addition of the new 4 on 4 rules. I'll try to find out what's going to
        happen and let you guys know. Don't expect anything before the fall,
        however.