disk stats

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2012
      Ok, it's early Sept and I figure I need to provide an update (thanks to
      Matt Young for jogging my memory on that).

      The disk process is going well. We're about 3 weeks into the testing
      phase, and I'd say we're probably 75% done there. Things are on track
      with past years, with a potential early Oct release.
      The new rating generation process went really really well, it's just
      that we got a late start. Ken Danila's "voting" system got us the
      ratings we needed in about 2 weeks time. So, next year, we'll get an
      earlier start (if there's an NHL season to work with) and likely be able
      to get a disk out by August. We have to work through a few bugs of
      working with the data from the voting (we reconcile it against multiple
      scouting report sources to eliminate anomalies....thanks to Herb Garbutt
      there), and the team of Ken and Herb have worked closely with me to
      translate all the data we have into a disk. It's looking pretty good.