Action PC Hockey 2012 comes out in a week

  • bradutterstrom
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2012
      http://dksports.com/hockey.htm

      I've been playing the 2011 version for the last 8 or 9 months. I am very impressed, honestly. In my opinion it's better than APBA in almost every aspect.

      The biggest drawback, by far, is that it's not free, and neither are season disks. It would be difficult to run an online league like most of us do for APBA, because in order to do so everyone in the league would need the game as well as the given season disk (I think). So it can get quite costly, and would be tricky to convert an entire league to Action! because you'd have to convince all of your GMs to buy the game and make the switch with you.

      That said, I'm now using Action! for most of my personal/fun sims while still using APBA for my online league sims. I'm toying with the idea of making the switch or trying an online action league, though.

      The biggest/most fun change for me to the 2012 version is that they are adding brawls and multiple simultaneous fights to the game! You can view the website to see the other new features.

      There is no free demo, BUT when you purchase the game it's a 30 day money back trial. So if you want to try it out, I would recommend waiting til the 9th so you don't pay for the 2011 version and then want to buy the 2012 version again a few days later. Or I suppose you could probably try the 2011, then return it for refund, then buy the full 2012. Not sure if it works that way.

      Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know that we're probably a few days away from the best hockey sim to date hitting the market!
    • Jerome Howell

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2012
          I went to the web site and saw the 24 teams that come in the
          package with the game.  How do you plan on running a league
          using these teams. Or, do you get the 24 teams ALONG WITH
          the 2011-12 season ?

          DAVE

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2012
            The Deluxe game package has the full season + 24 championship teams.

            Game Packages

            Deluxe Game Package – Only $44.00
            Includes the complete 2012 Action! PC Hockey game, the 2011-12 season, and
            24 Championship Teams from the past.
            Save $5.00 If you own a previous edition of Action! PC Hockey, use the
            word UPGRADE as your discount code during checkout to get the the upgrade
            price of $39.00! This special upgrade offer is only available with an
            online purchase.

            Basic Game Package – Only $29.00
            Includes the complete 2012 Action! PC Hockey game and 24 Championship
            Teams from the past.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 8, 2012
              Thanks Andrew...that clears things up.
              DAVE