Re: [hockeydisk] disk help / rock ratings

  • Bill Corfield
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 7, 2012
      Jordan Staal

      Bill Corfield

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Herb Garbutt <herbgarbutt@...>
      To: hockeydisk <hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, Apr 7, 2012 4:56 pm
      Subject: [hockeydisk] disk help / rock ratings

      If there’s anyone who would like to help out with the disk, I’ve got a job.

      We talked about trying to do a better job with the rock ratings and what we came up with was reviewing players’ goals on NHL.com.

      So I’ve put together a list of players based on the scouting report who are candidates for rock ratings. What we need someone to do is watch the videos of their goals and tell us how many of their goals are ‘rock-type’ goals….tips, deflections, banging in rebounds from the front of the net.

      It’s a pretty big list so if we could get two or three people, that would help.

      Here are the players (not a comp lete list yet):

      Anaheim: Corey Perry
      Boston: Zdeno Chara
      Buffalo: Thomas Vanek
      Carolina: Chad LaRose
      Columbus: R.J. Umberger
      Chicago: Andrew Brunette
      Calgary: Jarome Iginla
      Dallas: Brenden Morrow, Steve Ott
      Edmonton: Ryan Jones, Ryan Smyth
      Florida: Sean Bergenheim.
      Los Angeles: Dustin Penner, Justin Williams
      Montreal: Erik Cole, Brian Gionta, Andrei Kostitsyn, Max Pacioretty
      Nashville: Paul Gaustad
      New Jersey: David Clarkson
      New York Rangers: Mike Rupp
      Philadelphia: Scott Hartnell.
      San Jose: Patrick Marleau.
      St. Louis: David Backes
      Tampa Bay: Vincent Lecavalier.
      Toronto: Joffrey Lupul.
      Vancouver: David Booth, Ryan Kesler
      Winnipeg: Andrew Ladd

      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 12, 2012
        Here are a few others I'd suggest:

        Tuomo Ruuttu - Car
        Gabriel Landeskog - Col
        Tomas Holmstrom - Det
        Johan Franzen - Det
        Danny Heatley - Min
        Matt Moulson - NYI
        Ryan Callahan - NYR
        Milan Michalek - Ott
        Martin Hanzal - Phx
        Ryane Clowe - SJS
        Jason Arnott - StL
        Ryan Malone - TBL
        Alex Burrows - Van
        Brooks Laich - Was
        Troy Brouwer - Was
        Mathieu Perreault - Was
        Nik Antropov - Win

        I'm happy to help btw.   Maybe I'll peruse these players vid's since I suggested them...?

        Joe

        PS - With 9 gp, will Radulov make this year's disk?

        To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 16 , May 3 9:50 AM
            Patric Hornqvist of NSH.

            Lee