inconsistent S+ rating?

  • bradutterstrom
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2010
      I've noticed at least a few guys (so far all dmen, but I haven't researched further) who have a 0 S+ rating at their primary position, but a higher S+ at other positions. 3 examples are Corvo, Visnovsky, and Paetsch. Is this a mistake, or is there an explanation?
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2010
        Nope, this looks like a mistake.
        This is what I get for rushing the thing out at the last minute.
        However, with the week of business travel I had right after I released the disk (which is why I rushed it out), it would have added another 10-14 days to release if I held it to do extra error checks.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2010
          Ok, this is a big one. It effects ALL defensemen that played both sides, and played with multiple teams during the season. I know why it happened, and it was part of rushing the disk out. When I combined the multiple team players for the final disk, I do the "add" of the S rating to the positions. However, for defensemen, I only added it to the LD side, and not the RD side when they played both. I'll send a list of fixes shortly. Will likely be about 20 defensemen. The error wouldn't have had a monster impact, it would only decrease the shooting percentage of d-men playing RD by the value of S, often 3 or 4 for defensemen. Would probably cost a team about 2 goals over a season. List coming within an hour....

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 12, 2010
            Ok, there were 20 players effected (wow, I guess right on). Here are the new S+ ratings for RD only: