Stortini a center? Fighting more rare for centers?

  • bradutterstrom
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010
      2 part question here...I was shocked to see Stortini rated only as a center! Is that correct? I didn't watch him play last year so perhaps he made the switch, but he has been a winger only for his whole career.

      And this brings me to my 2nd question...in testing, I seemed to notice that the centers who do fight a lot (Stortini, Rypien, etc) seemed to get far fewer fights than wingers who had similar ratings, ice time, etc? Is there something to this? I've never noticed it before. I had to bump the fight ratings of the centers up higher than guys who should fight the same amount as them but play on the wings.
    • David Sayles
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010
        Stortini doesn’t play center.

        David Sayles
        Los Angeles

        All I want to know is where I'm
        going to die, so I’ll never go there.

        Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2010 4:52 PM
        Subject: [hockeydisk] Stortini a center? Fighting more rare for centers?

        2 part question here...I was shocked to see Stortini rated only as a center! Is that correct? I didn't watch him play last year so perhaps he made the switch, but he has been a winger only for his whole career.

        And this brings me to my 2nd question...in testing, I seemed to notice that the centers who do fight a lot (Stortini, Rypien, etc) seemed to get far fewer fights than wingers who had similar ratings, ice time, etc? Is there something to this? I've never noticed it before. I had to bump the fight ratings of the centers up higher than guys who should fight the same amount as them but play on the wings.

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            hockeydisk-digest@yahoogroups.com
            hockeydisk-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010

          That would appear to be a mistake. Stortini was listed nine times in the Hockey News position listings, eight at RW, one a C.  So he should probably be a RW c.

          Herb

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010
            Actually, since he wasn't a C on last year's disk, the one week at C wouldn't get him one on this year's disk either.
            RW only. Consider that an official disk team change.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010
              I'll have to look into this one on the wings over the centers.