disk status update

  • Dave Atkinson
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 6, 2010
      With the NHL season just about upon us, I wanted to give a status on this year's disk.
      This year was very challenging for Herb and I time-wise, and it was difficult for me to get the extensive blocks of free time to work the disk as vigorously as I have in the past. I was also hindered by the fact that when I did get some spare time, Herb was very busy....so we were very out of synch this year.
      With that said, there will be a disk and it is progressing quite well. Right now, the core testing/tweaking is nearly finished and the disk is about 85% done. The remaining items include bringing in the fringe players from outer space (for example, we have a couple players with over 400 penalty minutes in recent test seasons). There are only about 40 players out on the fringe, and I should be able to work those in over the next few days. There are also still issues with low assist numbers, but that has been typical for every year of doing this, and this year's assist shortfall pretty much matches those of past years.
      After I get the numbers where we need them, I need to spend some time melding the split test disk into a consolidated disk (with player totals rather than splits) and then take a couple days to error check. At best, we're looking at 5-6 days to release. At worse, 2 weeks. Much depends on how easy of a time I have bringing the fringe players in line, and the rest depends on getting the free time to do it. Weather plays a factor here as I have some outdoor things to take care of this weekend also, weather permitting.
      So that's where we're at. If you've emailed me recently about the disk, and you haven't heard back, be patient. I have not been too good with email during the testing/tweaking phase.
      After this is all over for the year and the disk is out, I'll be announcing some changes for next year and beyond with respect to the disk.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 6, 2010
        Thanks for the update Dave....the time you and Herb
        put into the disks year in and year out is very much
        appreciated.
        DAVE BOLE