[hockeydisk] Re: for Eric

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 1999
      Hey all Disk users.. I found a problem can someone confrm this as a disk
      error ?

      K.Hatcher 91 RD 00023 24 17 5 434 0333 0000 6 64 33 $ 0

      Shot rating of 17 and sh+ of 5 as RD but when he is changed to a LD his sh
      rating is 14 on the disk.

      K.Hatcher 80 LD 00023 24 14 5 434 0333 0000 6 64 33 $ 0

      as I see this is an impossible APBA calculation I assume either it is an
      error or it was changed on purpose.
      I would just like to know which.

      Tim
      SSHL Commissioner

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 1999
        It's not an error, it was changed on purpose. Hatcher barely played at LD
        last year, and was consistently rated RD only in the past. In the past, he
        would not have received an LD rating at all. What we did this year is give
        those guys a rating at the lesser position, but with decreased effectiveness
        (lower Sh, lower Def). That's also why you'll see some guys rated at a
        position but with a Def=0, like Mogilny at center.

        >Eric Ferron, just to let you know, your ISP still kicks my
        >emails to you. I tried one today (saturday). They haven't
        >fixed the problem yet, or maybe they don't intend to.
        >
        > Dave

        >eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/hockeydisk

        Start with up to 150 Points for joining!
        http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/805

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/hockeydisk
      • Brett Hall
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 5, 1999
          > It's not an error, it was changed on purpose. Hatcher barely played at LD
          > last year, and was consistently rated RD only in the past. In the past,
          > he would not have received an LD rating at all. What we did this year is
          > give those guys a rating at the lesser position, but with decreased
          > effectiveness (lower Sh, lower Def). That's also why you'll see some guys
          > rated at a position but with a Def=0, like Mogilny at center.

          However, I did notice there was one player who wound up with a
          SOG+ rating of 2 (the minimum is 3) because of this. I'm not sure
          if that was intended or not.

          Brett

          St. Louis Mustangs (GHMHL)
          St. Louis Sting (WWAHL)