[hockeydisk] Re: hockeydisk digest

  • D. A. Atkinson
    Message 1 of 34 , Aug 26, 1999
      Simon Ka wrote:

      > Hi, I have a question on the forecheck columns in the apba program. Does
      > the values in the forecheck columns represent the intensity of how the
      > forwards forecheck or the number of forecheckers? If I put a 4 there is
      > that mean one of my defensemen will forecheck too? Thanx.

      Number of forecheckers, and yes.

      Dave
    • Glenn St-Germain
      Message 34 of 34 , May 30, 2000
        >So, if you put two great scorers together, *will* they both
        >get their normal share of goals? Not that this is conclusive proof, but
        >Palffy did a bulk of his scoring while Robitaille was hurt, and was
        Robitaille's
        >play maker much of the time. Those of us with Palffy on our teams were real
        >thrilled about that! :-) L.A. raters, how about a 5 PAS for Ziggy to ease
        >our pain? :-)
        >
        >Jeff

        Just an observation from an APBA League: in the RMHL, my team has
        had, as its #1 line, Lindros-LeClair-B.Hull. The three of them consistently
        finish in the top 10 scorers, and in fact have finished in the top 5 more
        than once. In fact, at the end of the last season all thre were in the top
        10, two of them in the top 5 (along with my second-line centre Lafontaine).
        So with come combinations, it works very well; your mileage may vary.

        Glenn
        Commish, NWHL

        Glenn St-Germain ยง Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
        cos90@...
        http://www.telusplanet.net/public/glennstg
        "There is no longer any normal to be"
        -- Gary Numan