RE: [hockeydisk] APBA questions

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 17, 2010
      Hey Herb.

      Put me down for Calgary, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, NYI, Montreal and any other team's that you're having troubles with.

      Joe

      To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
      From: herbgarbutt@...
      Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 00:48:34 -0400
      Subject: RE: [hockeydisk] APBA questions

      Hey guys,

      I’ve been working on ratings but have come to the conclusion that if we go with the same approach as last year, we’ll be getting a disk in around Christmas. The computer problems have just set me way too far behind. That and with my commitments, I’m out at least three nights a week. Usually holidays would give me some time to plow through and catch up but because of staffing issues at work, I don’t have an opportunity to take holidays until September.

      I’ve tried to go through the teams, but the last one took me a week. Obviously, that pace is way too slow. So here’s what I’m proposing.

      If you’re interested in rating a team, let me know.  It will be different than in past years. Instead of starting from scratch, we’ll use last year’s ratings as a base and I’m looking for suggestions for ratings changes based on last year’s play. By doing that, we’ll establish an initial test set that Dave can use to start testing. I’m going to rate all the rookies.

      I’m hoping that we can have this initial test set ready in the next couple of weeks. So let me know what team(s) you would like to review.

      Herb

      Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games Play Now!
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 22, 2010

         Hey Everyone.  I've recently gone through a move and am trying to set up the game on a new computer.  I'm working with XP.  When I try to run the game I get a the parameter is incorrect message.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

        Joe

        To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
        From: joesutherland@...
        Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 06:10:58 +0000

        To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 22, 2010
          Ok, now I'm trying to use DOSBox and have no idea what I'm doing...Any help?

          Joe

          To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
          From: joesutherland@...
          Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:39:39 +0000
          Subject: [hockeydisk] Help Please

          To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com
          From: joesutherland@ hotmail.com
          Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 06:10:58 +0000

          To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com
          From: herbgarbutt@ cogeco.ca
          Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 00:48:34 -0400

[...]

          Look 'em in the eye: FREE Messenger video chat Chat Now!