APBA questions

  • prdallara
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 15, 2010
      1. Are we going to have disk rating teams this year. If yes, when can we start getting the groups together?

      2. Is the position list ready to be released?

      Pete
    • Bill Corfield
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 15, 2010
        Guys-

         I asked Dave and Herb these exact question several days ago...

        Regarding disk teams, YES we will, Herb has had some massive computer issues and is putting things together as we speak.

        Regarding the position list, Dave's job has been travel intensive lately but he hopes to send the position list out in the near future.

        Cheers-

        Bill Corfield

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 16, 2010

            Hey guys,

            I’ve been working on ratings but have come to the conclusion that if we go with the same approach as last year, we’ll be getting a disk in around Christmas. The computer problems have just set me way too far behind. That and with my commitments, I’m out at least three nights a week. Usually holidays would give me some time to plow through and catch up but because of staffing issues at work, I don’t have an opportunity to take holidays until September.

            I’ve tried to go through the teams, but the last one took me a week. Obviously, that pace is way too slow. So here’s what I’m proposing.

            If you’re interested in rating a team, let me know.  It will be different than in past years. Instead of starting from scratch, we’ll use last year’s ratings as a base and I’m looking for suggestions for ratings changes based on last year’s play. By doing that, we’ll establish an initial test set that Dave can use to start testing. I’m going to rate all the rookies.

            I’m hoping that we can have this initial test set ready in the next couple of weeks. So let me know what team(s) you would like to review.

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 17, 2010
              Hey Herb.

              Put me down for Calgary, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, NYI, Montreal and any other team's that you're having troubles with.

              Joe

              To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
              From: herbgarbutt@...
              Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 00:48:34 -0400
              Subject: RE: [hockeydisk] APBA questions

[...]

              Herb

              Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games Play Now!
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 22, 2010

                 Hey Everyone.  I've recently gone through a move and am trying to set up the game on a new computer.  I'm working with XP.  When I try to run the game I get a the parameter is incorrect message.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance.

                Joe

                To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
                From: joesutherland@...
                Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 06:10:58 +0000

                To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 22, 2010
                  Ok, now I'm trying to use DOSBox and have no idea what I'm doing...Any help?

                  Joe

                  To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
                  From: joesutherland@...
                  Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 18:39:39 +0000
                  Subject: [hockeydisk] Help Please

                  To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com
                  From: joesutherland@ hotmail.com
                  Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 06:10:58 +0000

                  To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com
                  From: herbgarbutt@ cogeco.ca
                  Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 00:48:34 -0400

[...]

                  Look 'em in the eye: FREE Messenger video chat Chat Now!