is there going to be a disk team this year ?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 20, 2010
      I haven't seen much lately about the new game and
      what each person will shell out to obtain the game.
      Oh, I know it's something around $40 but will we
      need to purchase the game every year ?  Or can
      the commish or a league purchase the disk and
      pass it around to team owners ?

      So, is there going to be a disk team this year ?
      TKS
      DAVE BOLE

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 27, 2010
        Here's where things stand:

        Yes, there will be a disk project team disk this year. We're a little behind since Herb had some computer problems (like a crashed hard drive), but we're not doing too bad. I've been working the stats the past couple months, and just got the position list from Herb to move more of the disk forward. Hopefully the ratings teams will be efficient this year and I'll have time this summer to keep on it. Plan for a September release.

        With respect to the DK Sports game.....I've been hearing a lot of good things, and one of the guys in our league (Andrew Martin) has been running some tests with different settings. Everything appears to be pretty strong from a stats standpoint. The big question for many seems to be whether they have to buy the game if all they do is send in lineups. This can be handled in a number of ways, including emailing lineups and having the commish put them in (which is time intensive). If the data files in the game are not encrypted, it is highly likely that a APHcomm like app will be written. Not sure how this is going to play out.....I'll have to keep watching the reviews on the game. If the core league that I play in (Gump Worsley Memorial League) switches to the DK game, I will likely retire from doing the disk (I wouldn't mind have the free time back after over a decade of spending my summer nights simming games). I have found people willing to carry it on (for those of you that don't want to leave the APBA game) and I am giving them all my tools and a tutorial on how to do the disk.

        I personally need to buy the DK game and make my own impression....just haven't had the time yet.

        Dave Bole wrote:

        I haven't seen much lately about the new game and
        what each person will shell out to obtain the game.
        Oh, I know it's something around $40 but will we
        need to purchase the game every year ?  Or can
        the commish or a league purchase the disk and
        pass it around to team owners ?

        So, is there going to be a disk team this year ?
        TKS
        DAVE BOLE

      • Bill Corfield
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 27, 2010
          Can you release the position listing to the community?

          Thanks-

          Bill Corfield

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 27, 2010
            I can, but I need a little time so consolidate the list (it is raw week by week) and work through any discrepancies (like Pronger playing LW).

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 27, 2010
              I can certainly lend my expertise to any work on the disk ratings team.  By the by, who would write this alleged DK sports support program?

              Joe

              To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com

              Dave Bole wrote:

              I haven't seen much lately about the new game and
              what each person will shell out to obtain the game.
              Oh, I know it's something around $40 but will we
              need to purchase the game every year ?  Or can
              the commish or a league purchase the disk and
              pass it around to team owners ?

              So, is there going to be a disk team this year ?
              TKS
              DAVE BOLE

              Enter for a chance to get your town photo on Bing.ca! Submit a Photo Now!
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 27, 2010
                Likely myself, or Brian Senecal may be able to adapt the current APHComm program by just adding in the file format changes.

                To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 27, 2010
                  Fellas, is there anything I can do to help speed the process of the position list release?

                  Joe

                  To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
                  From: boomhound@...
                  Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 13:07:50 -0700

                  To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com

                  Dave Bole wrote:

                  I haven't seen much lately about the new game and
                  what each person will shell out to obtain the game.
                  Oh, I know it's something around $40 but will we
                  need to purchase the game every year ?  Or can
                  the commish or a league purchase the disk and
                  pass it around to team owners ?

                  So, is there going to be a disk team this year ?
                  TKS
                  DAVE BOLE

                  Enter for a chance to get your town photo on Bing.ca! Submit a Photo Now!

                  Turn down-time into play-time with Messenger games Play Now!
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 28, 2010
                    Not really, I'm getting there. I wish I had 3-4 hours of free time.

                    To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com
                    From: boomhound@gmail. com
                    Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 13:07:50 -0700

                    To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com