File error

  • Fotiu22Fan@cox.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 26, 2010
    APBA Hockey Fans,

    I really need some help from one of the many good programming guys.

    As most of you know I am making a season disk for every year, please download and look at the attached file, so you can see my problem within the file.

    I was trying to use Windows movie maker for a DisneyWorld movie, it won't work, downloaded some other movie programs from a friend and finally gave up.

    One of the movie programs is trying to open files in APBA, I don't know why or how to change it?

    I uninstalled the programs that I recently added, but the files are still looking like a CD?

    Thanks Anthony Blanda
  • Fotiu22Fan@cox.net
    Message 2 of 10 , May 9, 2010
      Brian/Hockey GMs,

      I am setting up a new computer today with Windows 7. Could you please send me a link that explains how to get a DOS box to operate with APBA hockey, this last email that I saved looks like an update would follow?

      Thanks in Advance,
      Anthony

      ---- Brian Senecal <brian@...> wrote:
      > http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7
      >
      > <http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7>
      > http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=17
      >
      > <http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=17>Here
      > are two articles about using APBA hockey on vista (same info applies to Win
      > 7). The utility will not work with the latest version of DOSBox..they made
      > some changes that broke the utility, but I am working on a replacement. If
      > you need any help you can email me at admin@...
      >
      > Brian
      >
      > On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:15 PM, sylvain <sylvain.goddard@...>wrote:
      >

      > > I'm just asking for a little help.
      > >
      > > Could somebody help me with this issue? I can't run the APBA with Vista. Is
      > > there any patch existing? Is there any way I can run APBA on Vista.
      > >
      > > Thanks for your help!!

    • David Sayles
      Message 3 of 10 , May 9, 2010
        If you have Windows 7 Professional, you can download a free program from Microsoft. (Virtual PC and XP Mode)  This will essentially allow your computer to have two operating systems and partition the hard drive.   Windows  7 will be the default and you can switch to XP Mode when you run Virtual PC.  Info is available at the Microsoft website.  It is only available for Windows 7 Pro.

        David

        Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 10:05 AM
        Subject: Re: [hockeydisk] Help with VISTA

        title="http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7 CTRL + Click to follow link" href="http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7">http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7

        title="http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=17>Here CTRL + Click to follow link" href="http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=17>Here">http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=17>Here

        href="mailto:admin@...">admin@...

        href="mailto:sylvain.goddard@...>wrote">sylvain.goddard@...>wrote:

        > > I'm just asking for a little
        help.

        > > Could somebody help me with this issue? I can't
        run the APBA with Vista. Is
        > > there any patch existing? Is there any
        way I can run APBA on Vista.

        > > Thanks for your
        help!!

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            hockeydisk-digest@yahoogroups.com
            hockeydisk-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        David Sayles
        (310) 936-3642

        All I want to know is where I'm
        going to die, so I’ll never go there.
      • Fotiu22Fan@cox.net
        Message 4 of 10 , May 9, 2010
          David,

          Thanks for the info, but I have Windows 7 Home Premium on the new computer.

          Anthony

          Message 5 of 10 , May 9, 2010
            Anthony,
            I will try to finish this up today for you....
            Brian