Help with VISTA

  • sylvain
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2010
      I'm just asking for a little help.

      Could somebody help me with this issue? I can't run the APBA with Vista. Is there any patch existing? Is there any way I can run APBA on Vista.

      Thanks for your help!!
    • tew444@msn.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4, 2010
        I can't run on Windows 7...maybe same issue?

        Thom Welch

        From: sylvain <sylvain.goddard@...>
        Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 21:15:03 -0500
        To: <hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [hockeydisk] Help with VISTA

        I'm just asking for a little help.

        Could somebody help me with this issue? I can't run the APBA with Vista. Is there any patch existing? Is there any way I can run APBA on Vista.

        Thanks for your help!!
      • E. Knauber
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4, 2010
          Need to use DOSbox to play the game with either VISTA or Win7

          Apbagene
          AIM or YM IM Meaner 53965

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 5, 2010
            need to use dosbox

            Apbagene
            AIM or YM IM Meaner 53965

            From: sylvain <sylvain.goddard@ videotron. ca>
            Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 21:15:03 -0500
            To: <hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com>

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 5, 2010
              http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7

              Here are two articles about using APBA hockey on vista (same info applies to Win 7).  The utility will not work with the latest version of DOSBox..they made some changes that broke the utility, but I am working on a replacement.  If you need any help you can email me at admin@...

              Brian

            • Fotiu22Fan@cox.net
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 26, 2010
              • 1 Attachment
              • 112 KB
              APBA Hockey Fans,

              I really need some help from one of the many good programming guys.

              As most of you know I am making a season disk for every year, please download and look at the attached file, so you can see my problem within the file.

              I was trying to use Windows movie maker for a DisneyWorld movie, it won't work, downloaded some other movie programs from a friend and finally gave up.

              One of the movie programs is trying to open files in APBA, I don't know why or how to change it?

              I uninstalled the programs that I recently added, but the files are still looking like a CD?

              Thanks Anthony Blanda
            • Fotiu22Fan@cox.net
              Message 7 of 10 , May 9, 2010
                Brian/Hockey GMs,

                I am setting up a new computer today with Windows 7. Could you please send me a link that explains how to get a DOS box to operate with APBA hockey, this last email that I saved looks like an update would follow?

                Thanks in Advance,
                Anthony

                ---- Brian Senecal <brian@...> wrote:
                > http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7
                >
                > <http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7>
                > http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=17
                >
                > <http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=17>Here
                > are two articles about using APBA hockey on vista (same info applies to Win
                > 7). The utility will not work with the latest version of DOSBox..they made
                > some changes that broke the utility, but I am working on a replacement. If
                > you need any help you can email me at admin@...
                >
                > Brian
                >
                > On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 8:15 PM, sylvain <sylvain.goddard@...>wrote:
                >

                > > I'm just asking for a little help.
                > >
                > > Could somebody help me with this issue? I can't run the APBA with Vista. Is
                > > there any patch existing? Is there any way I can run APBA on Vista.
                > >
                > > Thanks for your help!!

              • David Sayles
                Message 8 of 10 , May 9, 2010
                  If you have Windows 7 Professional, you can download a free program from Microsoft. (Virtual PC and XP Mode)  This will essentially allow your computer to have two operating systems and partition the hard drive.   Windows  7 will be the default and you can switch to XP Mode when you run Virtual PC.  Info is available at the Microsoft website.  It is only available for Windows 7 Pro.

                  David

                  Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 10:05 AM

                  title="http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7 CTRL + Click to follow link" href="http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7">http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9&Itemid=7

                  title="http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=17>Here CTRL + Click to follow link" href="http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=17>Here">http://www.apbahockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=17>Here

                  href="mailto:admin@...">admin@...

                  href="mailto:sylvain.goddard@...>wrote">sylvain.goddard@...>wrote:

                  > > I'm just asking for a little
                  help.

                  > > Could somebody help me with this issue? I can't
                  run the APBA with Vista. Is
                  > > there any patch existing? Is there any
                  way I can run APBA on Vista.

                  > > Thanks for your
                  help!!

                  <*> Your email settings:
                      Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                      (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                      hockeydisk-digest@yahoogroups.com
                      hockeydisk-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  David Sayles
                  (310) 936-3642

                  All I want to know is where I'm
                  going to die, so I’ll never go there.
                • Fotiu22Fan@cox.net
                  Message 9 of 10 , May 9, 2010
                    David,

                    Thanks for the info, but I have Windows 7 Home Premium on the new computer.

                    Anthony

                    Message 10 of 10 , May 9, 2010
                      Anthony,
                      I will try to finish this up today for you....
                      Brian