APBA original 6 league: AO6

  • bradutterstrom
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2010
      Aaaaaaayyyyyy-Oooooooo

      I would like to run a fast, simple 6 team league most likely starting with the 49-50 season. Here are the basic ideas I've been kicking around so far:

      *start with 49-50 season (most likely. This is the first season with the 70 game schedule. 42-43 is another possibility, as that was the first season of the Original 6)

      *play through 67-68 season (last season of Original 6. Could play further with expansion if people choose, but that will keep us busy for awhile)

      *commish sims all games, 70 game schedule

      *fast sims! Each regular season is 7 weeks, each team plays 10 games/week (on average). This means that, including drafts and playoffs, I expect each season to take 3-4 months, so we should be able to get through 3-4 seasons per calender year.

      *no injuries, players restricted by actual NHL GP. Something like anyone who played over half of the NHL season can play full season. Less than half can play half season.

      *19 round initial draft (snake style)

      *teams skate 15-17 players (1 goalie)

      *roster size 20 max

      *keeper league, no dispersal draft, no protections. You keep your players, but may need to release players if you have over 20.

      *free agents picked up based on previous season's standings

      *rookie draft each season, based on previous season's standings

      *playoff gp...10% of actual gp per playoff series, rounded up. (ie, anyone who played 60+ NHL games can play in all 7 games of a series. A player who played in 10-19 NHL gp can play in up to 2 games per series, etc)

      *trading allowed, trading of draft picks only allowed for the upcoming draft.

      *after playoffs but before next entry draft, trading of picks an additional season in advance is allowed. But not DURING the draft. This is to allow the trading of a 5556 1st for a 5657 1st, for example.

      *fc fightsim for fight results

      As of now, there are 4 spots filled, so that means there are 2 spots open. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks.-Brad apbaahl@...