RE: [hockeydisk] It's here

    Message 1 of 27 , Oct 22, 2009
      Message
      Jan Hejda ?

      Yes, Jan Hejda.  I knew this one would raise some eyebrows. We ended up having to raise a lot of Columbus ratings to bring them in line, but this was not one of them. I had him as a 5 from the start and none of the reviewers disputed it.

      Read up on him. He just doesn't get much attention because he only gets 20 points a year and plays for Columbus.

      He led Columbus in SH time (3:58 per game) and had the best +/- on the team, +23. The next best on the team was +11. He also led the team in even strength time. He averaged 22:22 per game despite getting just 0:13 on the PP.

      The year before he was +20. The next best on the team was +7. Hejda was second only behind Adam Foote in SH time (3:51 per game).

      Couple that with the following:

      Jan Hejda might be the most under appreciated player in the NHL. When he partners with Mike Commodore, it's a very good shutdown pairing.--The Hockey News Yearbook

      Absorbed all the heavy minutes and continues to swiftly evolve into a stout shutdown defender.  A tough reliable defender who knows how to use his big frame and plays a steady, intelligent game. A key part of the penalty killing unit and too focused protecting the realm to see power play time--McKeen's

      A good shutdown defender, he is no longer under the radar. Opponents now know all about him--Sports Forecaster

      While Hejda ranks among the league’s best stay-at-home defenders in plus-minus, blocked shots and hits, the soft-spoken defenseman is content playing his shutdown role in obscurity. He doesn’t credit the team’s improvement to anything he’s adapted to, but points to the teamwork between himself and Commodore as a reason for why this year’s results are so much better than last’s.
      Not only is Hejda tied for eighth in plus-minus among defensemen with a plus-19 this season, but he was plus-20 and tied for 10th last season on a much poorer Columbus squad. This year with him on the top defensive pairing, Columbus sits third overall in shot-against per game, allowing just 27.6, a sharp turnaround from a year ago. Not that Hejda will take the credit.
      READ THE WHOLE STORY AT:

      From the Columbus Dispatch:

      The soft-spoken, hard-hitting defenseman is a plus-50 in his Jackets career. It represents the league's fourth-best mark during that span behind Detroit's Pavel Datsyuk (74) and Nicklas Lidstrom (73) and Chicago's Duncan  Keith (64) . For a defensive-minded player on a low-scoring club, it's a revealing statistic.

       "I think Jan is one of the most underrated players in the league," winger Kristian Huselius said. "He goes out every game and plays against the other team's top lines and really doesn't get enough credit for the job he does."

      Hejda's profile, expanding within NHL circles, could grow again in February. He has a decent shot of playing for the Czech Republic in the Winter Olympics after spending the offseason training with national coach Vladimir Ruzicka.

      His primary focus remains helping the Jackets return to the playoffs. He will block shots and chip pucks off the glass with little fanfare.

      "There is nothing flashy about Jan's game," winger R.J. Umberger said. "Then, you look up at the end of the night and he's like plus-4."

      While the Blue Jackets don't have the prototypical No. 1 defenceman, Fedor Tyutin has quietly been very effective and the shutdown tandem of Mike Commodore and Jan Hejda is terrific. --TSN

      ....and early returns from this year......

      It remains to be seen how Hejda's absence will affect one of the best penalty-killing units in the league. Columbus has killed off 18 of 19 penalties (94.7 percent).  Hejda's plus-8 rating in five games puts him among the NHL leaders. --- CBS Sports

      From: Peter Dallara <pdallara@optonline. net>
      Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:39:54 -0400
      To: <hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com>

      Incredible Herb. Datsyuk is rated a 4 defensively? He's won the Selke 2 years in a row. What's up?

      Pete

      Message 2 of 27 , Oct 23, 2009
        when I download the new disk it get an error stating that "DOES
        NOT APPEAR TO BE A VALID ARCHIVE. "
        TKS
        DAVE BOLE

        Hope you have a fun season and best of luck with your leagues.

          Hope you have a fun season and best of luck with your leagues.

          Herb

        • boomhound@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 27 , Oct 23, 2009
            If anyone other is actually using IE still, you have my heartfelt sympathies. The world's biggest security hole.

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            Message 5 of 27 , Oct 23, 2009

              Safari worked for me.  What’s weird is that I also needed regrep, but was unable to download that from a different site using IE.  Safari worked for

              that as well.  If anyone needs me to email them the zip, let me know…

              Hope you have a fun season and best of luck with your leagues.

              Herb

            • sylvain
              Message 6 of 27 , Oct 23, 2009
                I'm using IE, could somebody reply to me and attached the zip files please?

                Hope you have a fun season and best of luck with your leagues.

                Herb

              • Tom Welch
                Message 7 of 27 , Jan 24, 2010
                  Looking for help with APBA on windows 7. It says Hockey Commissioner.msi file is missing. Any help would be appreciated.

                  Thanks
                  Thom Welch

                  To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com

                  From: Peter Dallara <pdallara@optonline. net>
                  Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:39:54 -0400
                  To: <hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com>

                  Message 8 of 27 , Jan 24, 2010
                    Forgot to change SUBJECT..thanks

                    To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
                    From: tew444@...
                    Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 21:56:26 -0500

                    To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com

                    From: Peter Dallara <pdallara@optonline. net>
                    Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 20:39:54 -0400
                    To: <hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com>

                    Message 9 of 27 , Jan 24, 2010
                      anyone out there have APHcomm 3.1 that I can use
                      on XP ?
                      TKS
                      DAVE

                      To: hockeydisk@yahoogro ups.com