Re: disk is done

  • refmattyoung
    Message 1 of 20 , Nov 5, 2008
      Yeah I have no problem waiting a few more hours either.

      I was just moreso wondering why we don't use the group for more
      things that's all.

      Dave/Herb - thanks for everything you did to make this possible this
      year. Whatever you need next year, let me know as I'm more than
      happy to help again.

      Matt Young

      --- In hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com, paul canosa <lextalionis2001@...>
      wrote:

      > Just my opinion but I don't mind waiting, although it is hard
      because of the anticipation.

      > I knew Brian was out of town because he posted his upcoming trip on
      facebook :)

      > as they say
      >
      > patience is a virtue
      >
      > I appreciate the disk and am happy whenever it comes out.
      >
      > ANTICIPATION
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MuEtGPXLPI&feature=related
      >
      > paul

    • Adam Ardis
      Message 2 of 20 , Nov 5, 2008
        There's really no need to be an ingrate.  When it's available it's available, nobody is getting paid to upload
        anything at 1:18am and there's hardly an obligation to do so.

        Great work everyone, the hard work is appreciated!

        Adam
        http://www.rhlcentral.com:8080

        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 5, 2008
          i'm on the edge of my seat

          but i just go on playing my 2006-07 capitals season to pass the time

          everyone's hard work for no pay is greatly appreciated

          chris w

          Message 4 of 20 , Nov 5, 2008
                Hey....SORRY !!!!!  I didn't mean to start and up roar on this thing.
            I participated in the creating of the disk by doing the ratings.
            I was just asking a question....didn't mean to step on anyones toes.....
            DAVE

            Message 5 of 20 , Nov 6, 2008

              There are reasons that we choose to only make the disc available here….one is the ability to control the distribution and know how much it is being downloaded…the other is to do so in a legal fashion…call it a cover your butt kind of thing.

              Also we are trying to build apbahockey.com as it generates a lot more traffic then the yahoo group, and has brought a number of new players to the game in the short time it has been around…..everything we do is basically done with the goal of keeping APBA Hockey….

              Oh…and the disk is posted at www.apbahockey.com

              Brian

              Message 6 of 20 , Nov 6, 2008
                Brian,
                     Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate it.  Logged into the site
                (after getting a new password) and was able to download the 08-09
                file with ease.
                TKS
                DAVE

                There are reasons that we choose to only make the disc available here….one is the ability to control the distribution and know how much it is being downloaded…the other is to do so in a legal fashion…call it a cover your butt kind of thing.

                Also we are trying to build apbahockey.com as it generates a lot more traffic then the yahoo group, and has brought a number of new players to the game in the short time it has been around…..everything we do is basically done with the goal of keeping APBA Hockey….

                Oh…and the disk is posted at www.apbahockey. com

                Brian

                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 16, 2011
                  I have finished the final error issues on the disk. Thanks to all that
                  helped run the home stretch (Herb, Brian, Ken, Chris) the past week. I
                  sent to Brian to post for download. He'll likely provide a link here for
                  it.
                  If you find any issues, please let me know ASAP. If I have to issue an
                  updated disk, I'd prefer to do it before all the leagues have started
                  using it and have to redact things.
                  Thanks!

                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 16, 2011
                    Can't wait Dave...Once again:  Thanks!!!

                    Joe

                    To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com

                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 17, 2011

                      Dave, I noticed that Blake Wheeler is a RW only on the disk. When you published the position list, he was a RW LW C. Which is correct?

                      Pete

                      Message 10 of 20 , Oct 17, 2011
                        Ok, first post release error. Kudos to Peter for noticing it.
                        Wheeler should be RW LW C
                        This might be an issue from him playing just RW with one team and then playing all 3 after the trade. When I imported things over to the combined disk side, I might have just pulled from one of the listings, and not checked the other.

                        Everyone, please add LW and C to the pos rank field for Wheeler, and also add SOG rating, SOG+ rating and DEF rating at those positions.

                        Do I need to just release another disk?