disk status

    Message 1 of 34 , Oct 25, 2008
      Good progress today. Fixed a number of errors (thanks Herb, for the
      detailed error check) and reran some seasons to make sure nothing went
      out of whack due to the error fixes. We are rapidly approaching 1
      million test games this year (I'm currently running a test set which
      will put us at 900,000 or so). Looks like tighter specs this year as far
      as variances go, minus some headaches due to game engine limitations. I
      will likely write up a full test evaluation when I get some free time
      after the disk release, so that people understand the process better and
      see the detailed statistical analysis that goes into getting the disk
      "just right". Thanks again for your patience!

    • Ghislain Henri
      Message 34 of 34 , Sep 26, 2014
        Hello Dave,

        Are you still on target for this week-end?

        Thanks a lot for all the effort, sincerely

        Ghislain
        Go Habs Go!

        To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
        From: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 10:49:50 -0700
        Subject: [hockeydisk] disk status [1 Attachment]

        [Attachment(s) from D. Atkinson included below] The testing and tweaking phase of the disk is about done. This year
        we've had our best convergence results ever. I've attached a pdf of
        stats comparisons so that you can see how well things have come
        together. I'm still fixing some penalty and assist issues (a problem
        every year), then I'll migrate the split disk over to the combined disk.
        Some error checking, then release. The disk should be out before the end
        of Sept. Thanks to everyone for your patience.