cutoff for this year's disk

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2008
      I've decided that the cutoff for this year's disk will be 8 games played
      for skaters and 4 GP for goalies. This is a tad lower than past years
      (typically 10/6 or 10/5), but there are some significant players below
      the typical cutoffs, such as Forsberg and his 14 points in 9 games,
      Matthew Spiller's 19:47 of ice time in 9 games, Brian Boyle's 4 goals in
      8 games, and Kyle Okposo's 5 points in 9 games. The goalie decision was
      partially driven by Brian Boucher, so that the Sharks had more than one
      goalie on the roster for testing (Boucher had 5 games), and there were
      only 4 goalies below him with 4 games, including a couple significant
      ones (Manny Fernandez and Jonathan Bernier), so I threw them into the pool.
      The disk process has started, and I'm already working the stats into
      disk format. Herb has the review committees working hard at the ratings
      and a small team of volunteers is extracting position information from
      the depth chart files. We've got a good start this year and I hope to
      have a disk out a month or two sooner than past years.