this year's disk

    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 2, 2008
      I'm going to need some help doing a few tasks with this year's disk.
      Herb and the others have the review committees rolling, so that part is
      covered. The season ends Sunday, so the stats will be final by Monday,
      and I'll be working those into disk format. The main task that I need
      help with is extracting the positions from the Hockey News listings. I
      have all the position listings in pdf files from the Hockey News site,
      21 files worth. One can either hand extract them, or open them in
      Acrobat and cut/paste the various lines. I have started that process,
      and have already extracted Anaheim by the cut/paste method into an excel
      spreadsheet. If anyone has some free time to help with this task, let me
      know and I will send you the pdf files and give you a list of teams to
      extract. I can do the processing, so I just need a cut/paste from each
      file directly into excel. I can send Anaheim as an example...keeping
      them all in the same format will help me with processing. So, drop me an
      email if you have time to help with this task.

      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 19, 2008
        I plan on releasing the disk next Sunday, October 26, if there are no
        glitches in finishing the final polishing items. Thanks for your patience.

      • Dave Atkinson
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 19, 2010
          Testing has started!!!! A bit slow this year due time committments to other things that Herb and I had, but we slogged through the building phase, and are now in testing phase. If things go well, things can be done in 2 weeks. I'm still shooting to get this out before the NHL opener, but won't sacrifice quality for time. I'll let you guys know how it's going.

        • Bill Corfield
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 2, 2010
            Dave-

             Hopefully the two weeks since your last update have been productive ones.

             How are things looking?

            Bill Corfield