Looking for coaches

  • Daniel Jeanson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2007
      Hi guys, forgive me if some of you have received this already. I
      was asking about having an all-time team tournament, but have
      changed the idea to the following:

      I am working on the formation of a league (with maybe 12 teams or
      so). The idea is that each participant would select any franchise
      they want (based on a draw beforehand) and any season for that team.
      Once a franchise is selected, nobody else can select that franchise
      (or there would be a buffer of several years, maybe 25). We would
      play a full schedule (# of games to be determined, probably around
      76-82 games). There would be no trading or drafting, but real life
      NHL trades would affect your team's roster. You would start the
      season with the roster that your team had at the start of the NHL
      season, but if any players got traded away or traded for, they would
      go in or out of your roster. So if you had the 79-80 Islanders, you
      would not start the season with Butch Goring, but you would finish
      the year with him in your lineup. Dates for when the trades happen
      would be determined by the # of games were played and would be
      approximate and posted before the season starts. Once the regular
      season and playoffs are done, you would continue with the same
      franchise, but you would go to the next NHL season. There would be
      no drafts. The idea is to recreate a favorite period of your
      favorite team's history. If you are interested, let me know as well
      as any suggestions for rules.

      Thanks, Dan