brainstorming: fast paced retro league

  • Brad Utterstrom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2007
      How many of you would be interested in a retro league with the
      following format:

      *begins with 1970 or around there
      *actual NHL teams and # of teams
      *very fast pace, 3-6 seasons per year
      *simple rules: no injuries, players # of allowed games is based on
      actual NHL GP. Maybe something as simple as any player who played 40+
      games can play the full season, anyone less can play half.
      *GM responsibilities would basically be to take part in drafts, and
      send lines a couple times a season.

      For player usage, perhaps something slightly more accurate... I was
      thinking that we'd bulk sim in huge chunks. Maybe break each season
      down into 4 sims where each team plays appx 20 games, this way we
      could break down the player usage by whether a player is eligible for
      1,2,3, or all 4 sims.

      Anyway, I've been wanting for awhile to do something retro with the
      70's and 80's but with a fast pace, so I thought I'd see if there was
      any other interest in it. I don't think I'd want to do it unless I had
      at least 1 co-commish type person to split responsibilities, and to be
      honest I don't know right now that I'd have the time to be a commish.
      But I'd at least like to take part in a league like this, so I thought
      I'd see if anyone else would be interested.