Re: [hockeydisk] NHL Rules questioin

  • Sean Berends
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 19, 2006
      Premature goalie substitution is when the goalie is
      not close enough to the bench to be substituted for.
      This generally happens at the end of the game or on a
      delayed penalty when the goalie is too far away bench
      and the 6th attacker comes on the ice.

      The key thing seperating this from too many men on the
      ice is that neither player (goalie or substituting
      player) touches the puck or is otherwise involved in
      the play.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 19, 2006
        Gentlemen,
        I'd like to THANK everyone who has enlightened me
        on this matter. Your explanations of this rule are very
        much appreciated.
        Thanks
        DAVE BOLE

      • dadadove@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 19, 2006
           I believe NHL rules state the goalie must be within 10 feet of the bench before the player can step on.

          --- Dave Bole <PenzNr1Fan@peoplepc .com> wrote:

          > Gentlemen,
          > I attended the Penguins game tonight ( Malkin
          > is awesome !! )
          > Great game by both tenders.
          >
          > Anyway, late in the 3rd with the Pens down
          > 2-1...Therien pulled
          > Fleury....but, play was stopped due to "PREMATURE
          > GOALIE SUBSTITUTION" No
          > penalty was called, so I know it wasn't too many men
          > on the ice. The only
          > thing that happened was the faceoff was moved to
          > center ice.
          >
          > I've NEVER heard of this being called before.
          > Can someone out there
          > tell what " PREMATURE GOALIE SUBSTITUTION" IS ?
          >
          > Thanks
          > DAVE BOLE
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

        • Brad Utterstrom
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 19, 2006
            Sean Berends?! Dimo? Are you kidding me, I thought you were dead.
            Seriously, dead. You ought to email me.
            -Bradu