Re: [hockeydisk] Updates?

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 2, 2006
      Joe Sutherland wrote:

      Any updates as to a possible disk release date yet?

      Thanks.
      Joe.

      .

      Update: Still testing. It is going slower this year due to the increased penalty rate and number of power plays.  Formulas used in past years just aren't working well.
      Still need a few weeks. Will try hard to get it wrapped up before the end of September.

      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 2, 2006
        Sounds good. Is there any chance that the ratings will be released prior to
        that?

        joe.

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 2, 2006
          I can cover this one for Dave....

          If you release ratings before the disk is done, inevitably some of the ratings
          change in the testing process. And then everyone with those players freaks out.
          Just better to wait until the disk is finished.

          Herb

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 2, 2006
            Nope. Because the testing/tweaking process requires some minor ratings
            changes, I can't release them until finished, as they are in flux.

              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006
                Thanks gents.

                >From: Herb Garbutt <herbgarbutt@...>
                >To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [hockeydisk] Updates?
                >Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 18:01:27 -0400
                >
                >I can cover this one for Dave....
                >
                >If you release ratings before the disk is done, inevitably some of the
                >ratings
                >change in the testing process. And then everyone with those players freaks
                >out.
                >Just better to wait until the disk is finished.
                >
                >Herb
                >
                >Joe Sutherland wrote:
                >
                > > Sounds good. Is there any chance that the ratings will be released
                >prior to
                > > that?
                > >
                > > joe.
                > >
                > > >From: "D. Atkinson" <bigdog@...>
                > > >To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com
                > > >Subject: Re: [hockeydisk] Updates?
                > > >Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 10:09:52 -0700

                > > >Joe Sutherland wrote:
                > > >

                > > >Any updates as to a possible disk release date yet?
                > > >

                > > >Thanks.
                > > >
                > > >Joe.
                > > >

                > > > .
                > > >

                > > >Update: Still testing. It is going slower this year due to the
                > > >increased penalty rate and number of power plays. Formulas used in
                > > >past years just aren't working well.
                > > >
                > > >Still need a few weeks. Will try hard to get it wrapped up before the
                > > >end of September.
                > > >

                > > > Dave

                > > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Harry Conover
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 3, 2006

                  I have several questions.

                  1. Is the computer program based on FACE-OFF PRO HOCKEY ?

                  2. If 1 above is YES then who can I buy it from ? Google has no outright link to the game and the outfit that sold it, .400 Software Studio, is out of buiness.

                  3. How do I get the disk for the 2005-2006 season ?

                  Best,

                  Harry Conover

                  Co-Inventor (along with Bob Frost) of FACE-PRO HOCKEY

                  Best,

                  Harry Conover

                  From: "D. Atkinson" <bigdog@...>
                  To: hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com