automatic scheduler options

  • Brad Utterstrom
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 25, 2006
      I know of 4 options in the automatic scheduler:
      C: computer sims the game, you can't see the boxscore
      A: autoroster...computer creates the lineups and sims the game, you
      can't see the boxscore
      M: you sim the game. You can choose to play a team but you don't have
      to. You can see the boxscore, but can't save it.
      blank: this appears to be the same as the M, but I'm not positive

      Is this all of them? Is there a way to use the automatic scheduler and
      save games to gamefile? I thought there was, but I can't seem to find
      it.
    • Brad Utterstrom
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 15, 2006
        From what I understand, these are the various options within the
        automatic scheduler:
        C: computer quick sims the games, you do not have a chance to view
        rosters, boxscores, etc

        A: autoroster. Computer quick sims the game and uses a random roster
        based on GP. You do not have a chance to view rosters, boxscores, etc.

        M: Manual. You can play the game, or have the computer control one or
        both teams. You can view and change rosters, see boxscores, etc.

        left blank: Almost like manual, only you cannot play the game. You can
        view and change rosters, but computer automatically zips the game. You
        can view boxscores.

        Now, here's the question I have. Is there any option that allows you
        to save games to gamefile.dat when using the auto scheduler? I just
        realized how much easier this would make life on commissioners using
        the actual NHL schedule for their fantasy leagues. You'd never have to
        fear accidentally choosing the wrong team code and having the Pens
        play the Isles instead of the Rangers by mistake. You'd simply need to
        go through the auto schedule 1 game at a time, and it would do the
        next game.

        Assuming that there is not a way to save any games to gamefile using
        the auto scheduler, is there any way to do so? As I've mentioned
        repeatedly, I'd especially like to see this with the autoroster turned
        on, but it would also be important for any of the other schedule
        options as well.

        One idea I had is to change it so that when it gives you the option of
        S/P for screen or P, the P is changed to G for gamefile. Because does
        ANYONE actually PRINT the boxscores? I imagine for every 1 person who
        prints boxscores, there's 100 or more who'd prefer to have it saved to
        the gamefile so they can publish it on a website for the league.

        Hoping someone can shed some light on this topic for me.
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 15, 2006
          This has also, always been a pet peeve of mine.  I've tried everything
          to get the boxscores saved and NOTHING...I MEAN NOTHING has
          worked.  There's no way of doing it.

          Sorry, but I have no idea if there's a way of changing this.  I know that
          APBA is going to restart the game so if someone ( anyone ) has suggestions to improve the game maybe you could send them to APBA.

          DAVE