Home Teams Too Strong?

  • Mike Burger
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2005
      I've been using the APBA Hockey game for about nine years now, and I
      noticed that the home team gets way too much of an advantage:

      628 games using the 1999-2003 disks (Home/Away):
      Goals/Game: 3.4/2.8
      PPOpp/Game: 5.7/3.5 <-- this is the one that really bothers me
      Shots/Game: 32.8/27.6
      Home Record: 332-227-69 (.584)

      As opposed to the "control" group, the actual NHL data:
      Goals/Game: 2.8/2.6
      PPOpp/Game: 4.5/4.0
      Home Record: 2885-2333-766 (.555)

      Has anybody else noticed this in their leagues? Is there a way to
      make it not so disparate?

      --Mike