Swapping sims...and have openings.

  • Lloyd W. Alexander
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 16, 2005
      The GHMHL is getting ready for another season. This is a well
      established league. Due to changing the sim that we use, from APBA to
      FACEOFF, we have a few openings. We have contracted from 20 teams to 16
      teams. Making many solid players available in the draft !!! We will be
      using the 03-04 disk as we sat out the season.

      Such as..... datsyuk, draper, guerin, hejduk, jagr, kovalchuk, vit.
      kozlov, morrison, rolston, samsonov, sundin, r.blake, chara, lidstrom,
      norstrom, brodeur, burke, cechmanek, khabibulin, osgood..and
      more..............

      Open teams have players such as..... forsberg, gomez, friesen, nash,
      primeau, rafalski, m.denis, brind'amour, fedorov, handzus, yzerman,
      kovalev, naslund, st.louis, giguere, nabokov, eriksson, s.neidermayer,
      ozolinsh, selanne, sakic, m.lemieux,

      League features... you play your home games on a monthly basis !! No
      trade reviews !! 110% enforced player usage. Yearly 4 rd draft of carded
      players. Wild Playoffs with games 5-7 of each series getting simmed by a
      non-Playoff coach or played head-2-head !!!
    • mic hanrahan
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2005
        i am relatively new to this but would like to try
        mic

        --- "Lloyd W. Alexander" <lngdrvr@...> wrote:

        > The GHMHL is getting ready for another season. This
        > is a well
        > established league. Due to changing the sim that we
        > use, from APBA to
        > FACEOFF, we have a few openings. We have contracted
        > from 20 teams to 16
        > teams. Making many solid players available in the
        > draft !!! We will be
        > using the 03-04 disk as we sat out the season.
        >
        > Such as..... datsyuk, draper, guerin, hejduk, jagr,
        > kovalchuk, vit.
        > kozlov, morrison, rolston, samsonov, sundin,
        > r.blake, chara, lidstrom,
        > norstrom, brodeur, burke, cechmanek, khabibulin,
        > osgood..and
        > more..............
        >
        > Open teams have players such as..... forsberg,
        > gomez, friesen, nash,
        > primeau, rafalski, m.denis, brind'amour, fedorov,
        > handzus, yzerman,
        > kovalev, naslund, st.louis, giguere, nabokov,
        > eriksson, s.neidermayer,
        > ozolinsh, selanne, sakic, m.lemieux,
        >
        > League features... you play your home games on a
        > monthly basis !! No
        > trade reviews !! 110% enforced player usage. Yearly
        > 4 rd draft of carded
        > players. Wild Playoffs with games 5-7 of each series
        > getting simmed by a
        > non-Playoff coach or played head-2-head !!!

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • David Gowdey
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21, 2005
          Sorry to post a mundane question but I thought someone might be able to help.

          In the past when I've sent out Player Files via Winzip everyone in the league has been able to extract the new files directly to their season folder and overwrite the old files. Now suddenly Winzip seems to be creating a APBA\Hockey\1974-75 folder (we're doing a retro season) inside everyone's original 1974-75 season folder when they extract the files, so that you have to burrow down inside that to get the new files and copy them out to the original folder.

          Does anyone know what setting on Winzip might be causing this, and how to prevent it from happening?

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • Zak Davis
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 21, 2005
            That sounds as if someone is downloading the Zip file
            into the already-created 1974-75 folder.

            If that isn't the case, just have them right-click use
            the 'Extract to..' feature and manually type in the
            folder name where they want the files.

            --- David Gowdey <dgowdey2@...> wrote:

            > Sorry to post a mundane question but I thought
            > someone might be able to help.
            >
            > In the past when I've sent out Player Files via
            > Winzip everyone in the league has been able to
            > extract the new files directly to their season
            > folder and overwrite the old files. Now suddenly
            > Winzip seems to be creating a APBA\Hockey\1974-75
            > folder (we're doing a retro season) inside
            > everyone's original 1974-75 season folder when they
            > extract the files, so that you have to burrow down
            > inside that to get the new files and copy them out
            > to the original folder.
            >
            > Does anyone know what setting on Winzip might be
            > causing this, and how to prevent it from happening?

            > protection around
            > http://mail.yahoo.com

            Thanks,
            Zak

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Timothy Prosser
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 21, 2005
              Also if the person creating the zip is selcting his folder and it's contents then the folder will appear as a sub-folder when extracted.  You should just select the files wanted instead.  -Tim
              That sounds as if someone is downloading the Zip file
              into the already-created 1974-75 folder.

              If that isn't the case, just have them right-click use
              the 'Extract to..' feature and manually type in the
              folder name where they want the files.

              --- David Gowdey <dgowdey2@...> wrote:

              > Sorry to post a mundane question but I thought
              > someone might be able to help.

              > In the past when I've sent out Player Files via
              > Winzip everyone in the league has been able to
              > extract the new files directly to their season
              > folder and overwrite the old files. Now suddenly
              > Winzip seems to be creating a APBA\Hockey\1974-75
              > folder (we're doing a retro season) inside
              > everyone's original 1974-75 season folder when they
              > extract the files, so that you have to burrow down
              > inside that to get the new files and copy them out
              > to the original folder.

              > Does anyone know what setting on Winzip might be
              > causing this, and how to prevent it from happening?

              > protection around
              > http://mail.yahoo.com

              Thanks,
              Zak