Re: [hockeydisk] New APBA league concept

  • Donald A. Rettaliata Jr.
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30, 2005
      Anthony,

      Pete Dallara and I would be interested in possibly
      taking one of the teams. We work together as a team
      and we are currently in several APBA leagues, (HBMHL,
      NLHA, WHL and WHA). We could also put a schedule
      together for you and might be able to help with some
      of the other items.

      Please let us know if there is any other information
      that you may need.

      Thanks,

      Don Rettaliata

      Donald A. Rettaliata, Jr.
      drettaliata@...

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • mic hanrahan
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 4, 2005
        hey donald.
        i am new, uninformed but love this concept. i would
        be interested in knowing more to learn more. i too am
        not the greatest computer guy but do love hockey. keep
        me in the loop.
        thanks
        mic

        wrote:

> [...]
        > > schedules (78 to 82
        > > games) for the new league and every NHL season so
        > > that testing can
        > > be done.
        > >
        > > I am not very good with computers, programs and
        > web
        > > site's, but I
        > > am very organized and should be able to direct
        > > everyone so that no
        > > effort is wasted. With the current NHL strike
        > > season now effecting
        > > all APBA player's, I thought this would be a good
        > > time to take
        > > volunteers to work on getting this new league up
        > > and running. I
        > > look forward to hearing from anyone interested in
        > > either helping
        > > build the league (12-16 people) or simply being a
        > GM
        > > (16 to 20 more
        > > people) once the league is ready to start

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Jim Hekel
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 4, 2005
          This is a cool concept. But first I must actually buy the game. I joined this group in an effort to learn more about the game and to see if it is the best hockey sim. Any input is welcome.

          jim in indiana

          wrote:

> [...]
          > > schedules (78 to 82
          > > games) for the new league and every NHL season so
          > > that testing can
          > > be done.
          > >
          > >  I am not very good with computers, programs and
          > web
          > > site's, but I
          > > am very organized and should be able to direct
          > > everyone so that no
          > > effort is wasted.  With the current  NHL strike
          > > season now effecting
          > > all APBA player's, I thought this would be a good
          > > time to take
          > > volunteers to work on getting this new league  up
          > > and running. I
          > > look forward to hearing from anyone interested in
          > > either helping
          > > build the league (12-16 people) or simply being a
          > GM
          > > (16 to 20 more
          > > people) once the league is ready to start

          http://mail.yahoo.com

          Ice hockeyIce hockey equipmentIce hockey gear
          Ice hockey rinkIce hockey skatesIce hockey stick

          Yahoo! Sports

        • mic hanrahan
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 4, 2005
            you can buy this stuff somewhere? i am in my second
            season and am a total rook. any help is appriciated
            mic

            === message truncated ===

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • David Elkin
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 4, 2005
              mic hanrahan wrote:

              > you can buy this stuff somewhere? i am in my second
              > season and am a total rook. any help is appriciated
              > mic

              It is no longer for sale, but I do have the file at my site, apbaother
              group at Yahoo.

              Dave Elkin
            • Fran
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 5, 2005
                Hi Guys,

                I having a problem trying to get it to run on my
                pc. When i go to start APHCOMM i get the
                following errors.

                Cannot find 6 different DLL's which is from the
                vb16 run time libs.
                I tried loaded those but got the following

                ** Installation Started 4/27/5 11:40 ***
                Title: VB4 16-bit runtime files
                Source: C:\TEMP\VB4DLL.EXE
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLE2.DLL
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TYPELIB.DLL
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLE2PROX.DLL
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLE2NLS.DLL
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLE2DISP.DLL
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLE2CONV.DLL
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STORAGE.DLL
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMPOBJ.DLL
                Version: Following file not copied.
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\STDOLE.TLB
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SCP.DLL
                Date/Time: Following file not copied.
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\OLE2.REG
                File Copy: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VB40016.DLL

                any help would be great thanks.

                Yahoo! Sports
                http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com
              • Anthony Blanda
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 16, 2005
                  APBA Player's,
                  Last month I sent out an email (copied below) looking for
                  APBA player's who would like to be part of an All-time league. In
                  just 3 weeks the league has grown to have 11 GMs (looking for 32)
                  and 2 members (looking for 5) of the executive committee. Anyone who
                  would like a copy of the rules or has questions about the league ,
                  please email me directly at Fotiu22Fan@...
                  We are still looking for season disks from 1927 to 1942,
                  1945 to 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1972 and 1973. If anyone has any
                  season disks, please contact me. We will not be drafting until
                  January 2007, a lot of time has been set aside to get the league set-
                  up properly. Thanks Anthony

                  --- In hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony Blanda"

                • Jeff Drought
                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 1, 2005
                    Hi Anthony, I thought I would just check to see how the status of the 1981-82 apba season disk is going? Were you able to finish it and if so, how is it playing?