Re: [hockeydisk] Random Number Generators?

  • type s
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 18, 2005
      You can just use Microsoft Excel, assuming you have
      it.

      Use the following formula to assign a random number to
      a cell:

      =RAND()

      Note that each time a new worksheet calculation is
      made the random number will regenerate. You can stop
      this by doing the following: when you're typing the
      formula into the cell, hit 'F9' instead of 'Enter'
      when you're finished with the cell. It will convert
      the formula to the random number permanently.

      Once you've got random numbers assigned to all your
      teams, just sort it in ascending or descending fashion
      to create an order.

      --- mic hanrahan <tullacutt@...> wrote:
      > not clue one but i will ask at school tom.
      > mic
      > --- Zak Davis <zb_davis@...> wrote:
      > > Does anyone know a web site where I can find
      > and/or
      > > download FREE software to randomly generate a
      > draft
      > > order?
      > >
      > > If it helps, I'm breaking the draft down by
      > position
      > > to save time. I'm going to need nine seperate
      > > orders.
      > > I also do not want any team picking first more
      > than
      > > once.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Zak

      > > Plan great trips with Yahoo! Travel: Now over
      > 17,000
      > > guides!
      > > http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide

      > Plan great trips with Yahoo! Travel: Now over 17,000
      > guides!
      > http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide

      http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide
    • Jeff Drought
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2005
        No one has asked, so I will.  Is this a draft using apba hockey computer game?  If I recall, a draft program utility was created for this.  I never used it, but I believe one exists.  Just thought I'd mention it.

        Zak Davis <zb_davis@...> wrote:
        Does anyone know a web site where I can find and/or
        download FREE software to randomly generate a draft
        order?

        If it helps, I'm breaking the draft down by position
        to save time.  I'm going to need nine seperate orders.
        I also do not want any team picking first more than once.

        Thanks,
        Zak

        http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide

        Yahoo! Mail Mobile
      • Zak Davis
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 18, 2005
          The Draft Utility sounds interesting. Does anyone
          know where I can locate it?

          Thanks,
          Zak

          http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide