Re: [hockeydisk] Windows XP

  • Jeff Drought
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 5 12:09 PM
      The APH program and the Utility Bus/Adj programs periodically act up for me.  More times than not, I just need to reboot and then they work.  I've been using all of these programs over the last 3 weeks as I create my 1967-70 combined disk.  I too have XP so the specific errors you're getting must be something else because I dont get that.  Aside from the league file being there, do you actually click on it also?  You may need to do that as I do it just in case.

      Jeff

      retronhl21 <retronhl21@...> wrote:

      I have the game and Box Pro working on my Windows XP

      but i cant get APH Com to work

      i downloaded the VB files and still cant get it to work

      The error message i get is

      cant find league file

      But the league file is present

      Any help would be appreciated

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • retronhl21
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8 5:01 PM
        I use the browse feature found the file click on it and still got
        the same message

        cant find league file

        --- In hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com, davidmelkin@z... wrote:
        > When you get "Can't find league file", I believe you can use a
        browse
        > feature to find it. That should solve the problem. Since APH Com
        is a dos
        > program, it has a default setting to find files. If it doesn't
        find them
        > there, it whines it can't find it.
        >
        > Dave Elkin
        >
        > Daveretronhl21 writes:
        >

        > > I have the game and Box Pro working on my Windows XP
        > >
        > > but i cant get APH Com to work
        > >
        > > i downloaded the VB files and still cant get it to work
        > >

        > > The error message i get is
        > >
        > > cant find league file
        > >
        > > But the league file is present
        > >
        > > Any help would be appreciated
        > >

        > > ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ------------------
        --~-->
        > > Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude Children's
        Research Hospital's
        > > 'Thanks & Giving.'
        > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/scUolB/TM

      • Jeff Drought
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9 9:06 AM
          Is the league file you are trying to access from an earlier version of the apba game?  That could be it.  I would think it needs to the be the most current version of the apba game.

          Also one thing to make certain when running those utilities is to make sure you're not strapped for resources.  I do a lot of other things (downloading etc) and some times, those programs wont work unless I reboot.

          But again, make sure your files for apba are the most recent version.  There are files to update them to the most current.  Next time you post a message, type in exactly what files are in your season directory so I can see if they're current.  Which I hope I can do.

          Jeff

          retronhl21 <retronhl21@...> wrote:

          I use the browse feature found the file click on it and still got
          the same message

          cant find league file

          --- In hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com, davidmelkin@z... wrote:
          > When you get "Can't find league file", I believe you can use a
          browse
          > feature to find it. That should solve the problem. Since APH Com
          is a dos
          > program, it has a default setting to find files. If it doesn't
          find them
          > there, it whines it can't find it.
          >
          > Dave Elkin
          >
          > Daveretronhl21 writes:
          >

          > > I have the game and Box Pro working on my Windows XP
          > >
          > > but i cant get APH Com to work
          > >
          > > i downloaded the VB files and still cant get it to work
          > >

          > > The error message i get is
          > >
          > > cant find league file
          > >
          > > But the league file is present
          > >
          > > Any help would be appreciated

          --~-->
          > > Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude Children's
          Research Hospital's
          > > 'Thanks & Giving.'
          > > http://us.click.yahoo.com/6iY7fA/5WnJAA/Y3ZIAA/scUolB/TM

          Yahoo! Groups Links