1 opening in WHA

  • jeanden44
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
      We have 1 last team available for the WHA. It will be a 12
      team league that will use seasons from the past. We will start with
      the 1979-80 season and move up 1 year after each season, playing 2
      seasons per calendar year. To speeds things up and avoid a long
      draft, I have made 12 semi-randomly selected teams of 25 players,
      based on pts and save %. We would then have a 5 round draft to fill
      up the rosters. Currently we have 6 committed owners and am looking
      for 6 more. There are no salaries, nothing fancy involved, just 12
      teams playing a regular season followed by the playoffs. If you are
      an experienced APBA player and are interested in joining, send me an
      e-mail with any questions and I can let you know the details of the
      league.

      Dan Jeanson
      Charleston Chiefs, WHL
      Boston Bruins, OSHL
      St. Louis Blues, ABMHL
      Team ??, WHA
    • Brad Utterstrom
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2004
        I really like the idea of a league that recreates the history from
        that far back, however I'd find it much more enjoyable if it
        followed the real teams and expansion and all that...so it would
        start out with 20 teams or however many they had in 1980, and expand
        each season that expansion happened in the NHL. Anyway, just wishful
        thinking I guess.-Brad

        --- In hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com, "jeanden44" <daniel_jeanson@h...>