Re: [hockeydisk] new league has one opening

  • joe kacmarcik
    Message 1 of 3 , May 19, 2004

      Brad Utterstrom <apbaahl@...> wrote:

      Please email me at apbaahl@... if interested.

      The last available team is the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. We'll be
      drafting from scratch this weekend. It's a 30 team 'keeper' league
      (no contracts or financial system.)

      Each season there will be a dispersal draft and entry draft. The
      initial draft will be split up between the regular draft and the
      rookies (this will be the first ever entry draft.)

      Games will be simmed by the commish (most likely daily).

      What sets this apart from other leagues are basically a focus on
      realism (ie, 30 teams, realistic roster limitations, etc) and a
      focus on physical hockey! I am a huge fan of the physical side of
      the game, so if you like the hits and fights, this might be
      something you're interested in. I will use a seperate simulator to
      do all the fights (Fried Chicken's Hockey Fight Simulator) so each
      player will be rated in several different categories for fighting
      (power, defense, chin, balance, etc). Each fight will have a
      description based on how many punches were landed, how long the
      fight lasted, and how much damage was suffered by each combatant. We
      will also have fighter rankings based on w-l record as well as
      quality of opposition.

      All of this is just for extra fun, you don't even need to follow the
      fights if you're not into it, but if you are a fight fan then you
      should enjoy this aspect of the league.

      Count me in

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Brad Utterstrom
      Message 2 of 3 , May 23, 2004
        Guys, we had a couple late dropouts, and the draft is TONIGHT at 8pm
        EST. So if anyone is interested in joining on short notice, please
        email me right away at apbaahl@...

        I can get you all the necessary league rules and such.

        --- In hockeydisk@yahoogroups.com, "Brad Utterstrom" <apbaahl@h...>