resolved problem running game, thanks

  • Eymond Toupin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2004
      Dave,

      That resolved the problem.  I was missing the Result.dat file.

      Thanks,
      Eymond

      "D. Atkinson" <bigdog@...> wrote:
      eymondt wrote:

      >I found this message in the archives.
      >But no one appears to have responded to the board.
      >I am having the same problem. Can someone help solve this problem.
      >
      >Thanks,
      >Eymond
      >
      >Hi guys,
      >
      >I have a slight problem with the sim and I was thinking maybe one of
      >you encountered it before and could help me out. I installed it and
      >then I tried to play a game. I selected my teams, went over the
      >rosters and the lines. I asked the sim to coach both teams and chose
      >the zip result mode. Then on the next screen, nothing happens. The
      >clock remains at 20:00 minutes and nothing happens. The program
      >doesn't freeze though, it's like it's sleeping or something. I tried
      >the sim on two other computers thinking the problem could be my
      >computer but it does the same thing.
      >
      >I hope one of you can help me.
      >
      >Thanks in advance
      >
      >Stf

      This happens when one of the needed gamefiles is missing.....like
      result.dat. The program goes looking for the missing file in an infinite
      loop, and thus essentially hangs. List out the files in your game
      directory (the one with the hockey.exe file) and we'll see which one is
      missing.

      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/scUolB/TM

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/