Re: utilities?

  • nhl2kcommish
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
      Brad,

      I have the python reporter program if you still want it. I'm still
      looking for the Fight Sim program you made, I know I asked you for it
      a while ago. Any help would be appreciated.

      Justin
    • David Bole
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
        Enough is Enough.....can't you send your e-mail directly to who
        you want to send it too, instead of broadcasting it to the entire
        disk list ?
        DAVE

        > I have the python reporter program if you still want it. I'm still
        > looking for the Fight Sim program you made, I know I asked you for it
        > a while ago. Any help would be appreciated.
        >
        > Justin

      • nhl2kcommish
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
          All I did was reply to his post about utilities just like anyone else
          including yourself does, All I said was that I have one of the ones
          he asked about. If you don't want to get messages when people post,
          turn off the mail option.
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2003
            nhl2kcommish wrote:

            >All I did was reply to his post about utilities just like anyone else
            >including yourself does, All I said was that I have one of the ones
            >he asked about. If you don't want to get messages when people post,
            >turn off the mail option.

            We do have to have a happy medium here. I agree that 20 replies to a
            league request are out of hand. However, a few replies to an open
            question is not ridiculous to end up in the group. *We're not going to
            turn this list into a flame war over netiquette. *People should use
            better judgement, however, there must be some leeway or nobody will feel
            safe to post. I have been part of email lists in the past that have
            turned into nothing but netcop flame wars, with a few people bashing
            others that post with an extra quoted line, a misspelling, etc. Let's
            not stoop that low. All that I ask is that you THINK about your post
            before you hit the send button. Is it something that everyone might want
            to read? If it is an answer to an open question (other than a league
            specfic information request), than a group posting is just fine. If it
            seems obvious that only one person would care, consider changing the
            email address from the group to the person. I can change the global
            setting to respond to the individual rather than the group, but given
            how this list has had some good open discussions in the past, I am
            hesitant to do so.
            The point above is a good one, if nobody wants to deal with the extra 4
            or 5 emails a day, then they should consider the web option rather than
            email. The few extra posts in this group are nothing compared to the
            300+ spam messages a day that I get (most filtered). If people are
            bothered by all this, perhaps we should turn this into a moderated
            group, where I have to approve each message before it goes up. And given
            how busy I get, I could easily fall a week or two behind on the approvals.